Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Masks forever?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Ema of 5

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:43 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
Nope they actually generally wear blue surgical masks. And how were they not exported to germs if not for the masks they were wearing? Your logic doesn’t follow.

They were not exposed to germs because of closed schools, social distancing, separation rules in school….

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:54 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
They were dying because they couldn’t breathe. This revisionist history is ridiculous.

Wasn't the recent study mentioned in this thread?

Half of ventilated patients died of bacterial pneumonia, not covid.

So no. Ignoring the fact that early treatments, including antibiotics were refused, and many patients were put onto ventilators prematurely, is revisionist history.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:07 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Your kids’ immune systems were stunted from not having been exposed to germs, hence the reason everyone got sick when they stopped wearing masks. It’s bot because the masks prevented anyone from getting sick.
Doctors don’t wear the regular flimsy blue masks that everyone was wearing, they wear n95 masks.

Your argument is that the masks did not prevent us from getting sick but DID stunt our immune systems?

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:12 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
People were only vented if they were dying. The first strain of covid was very virulent. Pretending otherwise strains credibility.

That's exactly the point. It wasn't more virulent. Death rates track with percentage of ventilated patients. It's horrific tbh.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:22 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Umm, if they needed to go on a ventilator in the first place, they were pretty sick!

initially it was thought ventilator protocol was best...later research turned out it was not.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:24 pm
Recent research is even showing there is no "cytokine storm" which was thought to be the issue and reason people died. Now they are concluding it was the ventilators and secondary infections resulting. Tragic all around.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:27 pm
Very disheartening. While makes sense initially treatment had to be figured out what seems so tragic in addition is that there is no accountability and transparency from the big medical organizations globally and nationally. Everyone seems involved in major cover your behind operations rather than tracking facts on the ground pivoting and proceeding accordingly.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 1:36 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
Your argument is that the masks did not prevent us from getting sick but DID stunt our immune systems?

Nope, that’s not my argument. My argument is that it was something else that caused people to get sick after removing the masks.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 1:45 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Nope, that’s not my argument. My argument is that it was something else that caused people to get sick after removing the masks.

But if the only thing that changed were the masks, what made us sick? Assuming nothing else changed?

Ema of 5

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 2:21 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
But if the only thing that changed were the masks, what made us sick? Assuming nothing else changed?

Again….people were not getting together with others, social distancing when they were….even in school kids were not necessarily 100% interacting. That is what changed.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 3:35 pm
Also in LA, most drs are not requiring it but Cedars and private offices affiliated with Cedars still are. Also had an appointment in the ortho building and they were telling people to put on masks.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 3:36 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Again….people were not getting together with others, social distancing when they were….even in school kids were not necessarily 100% interacting. That is what changed.

Got it. I see your point, but I was referring to later on after people started getting together with masks etc. I felt like when I stopped wearing it, not much else had changed. I can’t say for sure what the school was doing. Good shabbos!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 4:08 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
Wasn't the recent study mentioned in this thread?

Half of ventilated patients died of bacterial pneumonia, not covid.

So no. Ignoring the fact that early treatments, including antibiotics were refused, and many patients were put onto ventilators prematurely, is revisionist history.

Pneumonia can be a complication from Covid, same as people often die from pneumonia as a complication of flu, not flu itself. They were put on ventilators because they couldn’t breathe and we’re dying. and the fact that you question that and don’t think covid was dangerous back then is really ludicrous.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 4:09 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
They were not exposed to germs because of closed schools, social distancing, separation rules in school….

And masks.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 7:23 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Pneumonia can be a complication from Covid, same as people often die from pneumonia as a complication of flu, not flu itself. They were put on ventilators because they couldn’t breathe and we’re dying. and the fact that you question that and don’t think covid was dangerous back then is really ludicrous.

My mother in law’s brother was not put on a vent because he couldn’t breathe. He wasn’t dying until they put him on the vent.

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Sat, May 20 2023, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Caramel

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 7:28 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:

No, the study found they died from ventilator-caused bacterial pneumonia.

Annnnddd.....that's why for the flu we prescribe antibiotics. The early refusal to prescribe antibiotics for covid was an aberration in standard care, and indefensible.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 8:17 pm
amother Caramel wrote:

Annnnddd.....that's why for the flu we prescribe antibiotics. The early refusal to prescribe antibiotics for covid was an aberration in standard care, and indefensible.

You are really so clueless, you probably should get more educated before you chime in. There are no antibiotics for viruses such as flu or covid.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 8:24 pm
amother Caramel wrote:

Antivirals, like tamiflu, are not the same thing as antibiotics. Antivirals are given to fight viral infections, antibiotics are given to fight bacterial infections.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 9:23 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
I find it tiring to still be arguing about this. At the time, meaning in 2020-2021, my doctors and even my shul were in favor of wearing the masks. We did it and felt it was towards the greater good for keeping the virus from spreading. It was uncomfortable and I didn’t like it, but I did it because Gd forbid it was me who made a more vulnerable person sick. And it was for this reason that I got the vaccines. I don’t know who has such confidence that they KNOW it was pointless. Even doctors argue about it and not all of them are so-called leftists. I wouldn’t call my friends or my rabbi particularly left.

Considering how many elderly people died in communities that did not mask, I don’t know how frum people can say it was made up. But that’s me. Yes it was a chesed. Don’t tell me it wasn’t. You can consider it an imaginary chesed if you want, but the way I saw it, it was the only way to behave with information we had. And the whole point of medical grade masks is to let in air while keeping other things out. Just because air gets in, doesn’t mean a virus definitely will get in or in the concentration that is necessary to make a person sick.

Anyway my point is I am sick of ppl telling I was an idiot when all I was doing was trying to do my part to keep ppl healthy. If you want to call that mental illness, be my guest.

What do you mean "even my shul was in favor of masking"? Why would a shul be an authority or expert on whether masking is useful or not?

Yes, many elderly people in the frum community unfortunately died. Was it because they weren't masking? I suspect it was because they were getting together during early Covid. Nursing homes also had very high casualty rates. I think those elderly WERE masking. The problem was they were clustered together and thus spreading it. Nothing to do with masks.

And here's the bottom line question: Do masks work or not. Dr Anthony Fauci said 2 weeks ago that the best studies show that in places where mask usage tripled, positive Covid tests were down around 10%. That's it. So the idea that masks are an effective tool to fight covid is a joke. Not to mention the idea of masking children is an even bigger joke.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 9:27 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Great post! You're 💯 correct!

Why do I think you won't be able to point me to a single study that demonstrates masks work? You are just in the herd that's following blindly. I don't mean that in a mean way. I just think you've accepted much of the baloney from the left that you've seen and read and without realizing that there's very little basis for much of it.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics