Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Smoke in monsey (and all over NY/NJ) and smell of fire
  Previous  1  2  3 26  27  28 29  30  31  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 8:18 am
Wow! Air quality is back to healthy! We can never take it for granted again!

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 9:04 am
BH it seems to be back to normal here in far rockaway/5T area. So much for hochul’s “long haul” and “not going away anytime soon.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 9:51 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
BH it seems to be back to normal here in far rockaway/5T area. So much for hochul’s “long haul” and “not going away anytime soon.

We should know by now that the government loves to fear monger and make us anxious....

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 10:10 am
Bhbhbhb it’s beautiful outside.. HaShem made a beautiful sunrise, blue skies, birds chirping.. HaShem only did this, no stupid political figures.. I’m in such awe this morning, what a great way to BhBh go into Shobbos.. this just shows only HaShem and only He can do this.. so all in all I think we should all get together and tell HaShem thank You.. Bc the more we praise Him, the more He will give us to thank Him for.. 😊😍
Have a beautiful and healthy and safe Erev Shobbos and Shobbos everyone 🥰😊😍

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 10:34 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
We should know by now that the government loves to fear monger and make us anxious....

Not getting political…..not getting political….not getting political….think if I say it a few more times, I might be able to keep my comment to myself?

giftedmom

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 10:41 am
Bh just opened my window for the first time in four days

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:07 am
The source of the smoke--the wildfires--are still very much in full effect. The contributing factor to so much of it heading our way in recent days was an atypical weather pattern--which seems to have resolved/is resolving. But the fires themselves and the smoke they make will not go away quickly---and the weather patterns are actually hard to predict. So, it's very possible this can happen again if another atypical weather pattern comes through that is conducive to bringing the smoke North to South along the EAst Coast/MidWest. Is it likely? Statistically not. Just like it wasn't statistically likely when it happened this week.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 12:44 pm
Does anyone have the current air quality index number in NYC now?

giftedmom

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 12:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Does anyone have the current air quality index number in NYC now?

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 3:00 pm
giftedmom wrote:

On my phone it says 39 now, but there’s still an air quality alert until 12:00am Saturday

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 3:03 pm
giftedmom wrote:

BH. It feels better but I hope it gets better than this. At least it's under the hazardous 100.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 4:53 pm
It's 38 already

esuss

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 5:08 pm
What is the normal level for the area?

giftedmom

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 5:11 pm
tweety1 wrote:
It's 38 already

Alert is gone!

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 5:20 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Alert is gone!

The accuweather app still has an alert.

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 5:26 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Or it has to do with silly laws that prevent proper forest care and health that were instituted in the name of "protecting the environment".

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 5:27 pm
amother Jade wrote:
THIS.

Instead of leaving a perimeter every set amount of space as as has always been done in forests, which would prevent fires from growing out of control, they refuse because...cutting down trees bad. This is the sad result.

worth repeating

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:19 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
The source of the smoke--the wildfires--are still very much in full effect. The contributing factor to so much of it heading our way in recent days was an atypical weather pattern--which seems to have resolved/is resolving. But the fires themselves and the smoke they make will not go away quickly---and the weather patterns are actually hard to predict. So, it's very possible this can happen again if another atypical weather pattern comes through that is conducive to bringing the smoke North to South along the EAst Coast/MidWest. Is it likely? Statistically not. Just like it wasn't statistically likely when it happened this week.

Which gives us all the more reason to daven!

Especially now when we know what to daven for (instead of taking our clean air for granted).

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 10:46 am
AQI back up in the 70s in the NYC area. Anyone know if this is normal pollution? I never checked it before last week.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 10:49 am
amother Jade wrote:
AQI back up in the 70s in the NYC area. Anyone know if this is normal pollution? I never checked it before last week.

I don't know but I itched like crazy Friday night and today my sinuses kill- I thought it was the pollen count.
Page 27 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 26  27  28 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries