Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Can I survive with this income as a single mom?
Previous  1  2

content

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:44 am
amother OP wrote:
What if he doesn’t?

If his income is enough, it will start the process to get him to pay.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:46 am
amother Cyan wrote:
Medicaid, food stamps, whatever else is available in your area. Maybe there are specific programs for single mothers? Contact your local community office and they can tell you what you're eligible for.

She won't be eligible for much with this income.
I agree with whoever said to apply to other positions and show your boss higher offers he's welcome to match.
Or discuss the raise with him without telling him your marital status

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:46 am
Things have obviously changed a lot in the past few years, but I more than survived on that as a single mom in the past 10 years. Very hard to compare because every person's finances look different. Maybe sitting down with a financial coach to map things out would be helpful...
Sorry you're going through this, Hashem should give you koach

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:52 am
It's very a low salary, but I just want to say dh earns around the same amount (I think his net amount $200 more per month). He's been at his job for over 8 years, and its a pretty prestigious company. It's embarrassing the way his boss is taking advantage of someone that doesn't know how to ask for more. But I don't think you are being discriminated because you are a woman, some bosses are just cheap

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:47 am
I don’t think marital status has anything to do with a raise. You should ask for a raise because you’re doing a good job. Because you’re an asset to the company. Because this position the going rate is more and your boss will anyways have to pay more to replace you…

Never a good idea to ask for raise based on personal expenses and circumstances. Ask for it because you deserve it for the job you do. Even if you need the money to bathe in it..

amother
Chicory

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 11:19 am
It's tight. Add tuition to your rent and you don't have much left for food and clothing.
Gas, tolls, car insurance
Gas, electric, phones

giftedmom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:27 pm
Op as far as tuition goes can you work that out with the vaad, school board or whoever? Lay out your situation? It’s worth a shot

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:34 pm
Have you contacted sister to sister? Other women who have been or are in your situation may be able to give more specific advice
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics