Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Rough Diamonds - Shtisel Meets The Godfather
Previous  1  2

giftedmom

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 1:20 pm
cookier wrote:
I really liked it! I liked the layers of the story and that Noah was caught in between Kerra and his family.

Most of the inconsistencies (the long sheitel, the very modern looking dealer trying to send his son to an internet-banning chassidishe yeshiva, the yarmulke on Shabbos, the artscroll siddur šŸ˜‚) I could overlook because obviously they donā€™t have unlimited cultural resources to pull from. The only one that really truly bothered me was Noahā€™s relationship. I just donā€™t think itā€™s at all likely that someone who has gone OTD would ever entertain the possibility of pulling a frum woman (with teenagers!) away from her community unless she already was on the way out, and the show didnā€™t reflect any of that. No agonizing over the impact of it on her kids or how hard it would be for her, Just ā€œcome back to London with me!ā€ And the next day her hair is uncovered. Can't Believe It

Yeah the whole way she kept going back n forth was very unrealistic. No Frum woman would drop observance just for a man, no matter how much she loved him.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 1:46 pm
I watched the first couple of episodes, really bugged me that 2 of the main characters (at least) are not Jewish.

Anyone from Antwerp who can say how authentic or not it is?

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 2:50 pm
[quote="giftedmom"]Very loosely lol if anything. The entire premise is highly improbable and has many holes.[/quote

Why do you think itā€™s improbable? Thatā€™s kind of an odd thing to say if you have no info about it

amother
Honey

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 2:53 pm
uch
watched the trailer for it based on this thread and the language is not clean which is putting it mildly, and we are not interested in watching a woman keep stripping down to her black lacy brassiere

not for us

giftedmom

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:16 pm
[quote="amother Blushpink"]
giftedmom wrote:
Very loosely lol if anything. The entire premise is highly improbable and has many holes.[/quote

Why do you think itā€™s improbable? Thatā€™s kind of an odd thing to say if you have no info about it

Knowing the community itā€™s highly improbable that such a thing actually happened. There are many plot holes that arenā€™t consistent with real life. Some of them were listed here.

giftedmom

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 3:17 pm
Also something funny in once of the episodes. Thereā€™s an episode happening on RH where basically itā€™s RH night and the next day itā€™s back to business. Very funny. Youā€™d think Israeli producers would know better.

WhatFor

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 4:48 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
I watched the first couple of episodes, really bugged me that 2 of the main characters (at least) are not Jewish.

Anyone from Antwerp who can say how authentic or not it is?

If you think that was bad then definitely don't watch the Red Sea Diving Resort. The accents there were so off putting it was beyond. There was seriously not a single Israeli actor who could play the role better?

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 7:18 pm
This show was great. Iā€™m so impressed by Europeans who speak so many languages fluently.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics