Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I get overwhelmed and ghost my clients
Previous  1  2  3  4

momX4

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 7:33 am
amother OP wrote:
Yup.
I probably have close to 20k unread emails. Its insanity.

Hire someone. It can be part-time.

Also you should "organize mail by thread " so that you can easily see how many people are trying to communicate with you.

Your assistant should organize the emails. New leads, ongoing projects and trash/spam.

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 7:51 am
No disrespect but how is this adhd?
I don’t see that.
& undiagnosed trauma?? C’mon!
It’s such a popular excuse these days!

I think perhaps OP avoids confrontation & it IS very difficult to be a good communicator. I get that. Open dialog and communication is hard.
It’s takes maturity. Or maybe OP does not want to be disliked so it’s ‘easier’ to just not respond.

I’m sorry but not everything these days (or most things) can be explained away from adhd or past trauma.

Take responsibility ladies

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 6:26 pm
Feels better knowing that I'm not the only one doing this, but I really need to change. I currently have a few unread messages from a few different clients, I cannot bring myself to open it, it'll give me such anxiety.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 8:06 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
I don’t see that.

I think perhaps OP avoids confrontation & it IS very difficult to be a good communicator. I get that. Open dialog and communication is hard.
It’s takes maturity. Or maybe OP does not want to be disliked so it’s ‘easier’ to just not respond.

I’m sorry but not everything these days (or most things) can be explained away from adhd or past trauma.

So basically you don't know what adhd or a freeze response is therefore it cannot be.
A simple Google search can enlighten you.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 3:39 pm
Bringing this thread forward since I am currently being ignored by someone that I hired and paid (a lot of $$$ to). I am actually livid right now and will never be able to recommend her to anyone.

Every day that she is ignoring me is costing me quite a fortune.

It is unprofessional and not mentchlicht and considering her source of clients is by word of mouth, it will cost her a lot in the long run.

OP, if you are still around and are reading this post I urge you to figure out a way to stop. Hire a secretary, text your client that you will get back to them in 24-48 hours…

But to be outright ignored is very disturbing. I don’t care if you are the most saught after decorator, party planners, designer, doctor, lawyer or Indian chief. There will always be someone out there who does just as good a job but has better middos.

ora_43

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 4:12 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
I don’t see that.

Recognizing that you're dealing with ADHD (or trauma, or whatever else) is taking responsibility.

Or a crucial first step, at least.

You can't stop there. It's not like once you know it's ADHD you get a 'get of consequences free' card. The problem still exists.

But if you do have ADHD (again, or trauma, or...) and you try to ignore it and push through the problem with sheer willpower, you're probably just going to make yourself and your clients unhappy. Figuring out the 'why' of your behavior is what allows you to find effective tools to do better.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics