Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why is tottini showing fall already?
Previous  1  2

NechaMom

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 7:35 pm
I’m happy for the mothers who are:
*expecting a baby in August/September and would love to shop in advance
*work full time and have very little time to shop so they start way in advance
*are off in the summer so that’s when they shop
*just simply like to shop at least 6 months in advance.
It all doesn’t affect me. Whoever is panicking because tottini put out their fall selection needs to either calm down or run shop.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Many things from tottini run out of stock within afew weeks. By the time they go on sale, there are barely any sizes left.

I wouldn’t make myself crazy to buy from such a store. I don’t allow stores to dictate when I go shopping. I buy when I’m ready. Then again….I also don’t make myself crazy to shop only at Jewish stores.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 7:41 pm
It's not tottini's problem that some mothers panic in early July re fall shopping. They can stock their store as early as suits them they don't bare any responsibility for their customer's mental health. It actually makes sense to stock some new season merch early, if not the store is practically empty & like others said sometimes there's a legit reason a family needs to prepare ahead of time.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 8:11 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I wouldn’t make myself crazy to buy from such a store. I don’t allow stores to dictate when I go shopping. I buy when I’m ready. Then again….I also don’t make myself crazy to shop only at Jewish stores.

tottini is way better priced than non Jewish stores esp bec no alterations/shells are needed. they have cute cheap current adorable TZNIUS clothing and literally so thankful that they exist.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 8:14 pm
Target is selling school supplies

giftedmom

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 8:27 pm
I find it hilarious every year that in January when the spring stuff starts dropping I’m so excited to shop because spring. But when I’m just starting summer vacation the last thing I want to think of is fall. But really it’s exactly the same timeline.
This is why this past winter I shopped a lot of sales in advance. It’s giving me peace of mind that there’s fall and winter stuff waiting for my kids and I can just be in the moment now.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 8:34 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
What I always do is get 1-2 cute matching outfits when the stuff comes out and wait till I'm ready to get the rest. I find that if I'm not looking to match my children (so don't need one thing in a bunch of spefic sizes) I could usually find stuff anytime.

If I'm lucky, my kids could just make it into some of last year's clothes for a few weeks and they wear that plus 2-3 things I bought last year around now (last July) in a size bigger when the stuff went on sale.
They wear that rill now - July - when I buy them a few stuff on sale to replace the stuff that they are wearing from last year that they are outgrowing, and add in a few things in a size bigger for them for next year.....

In this way I usually buy everything very cheap and on sale and don't spend so much (aside from the 1-2 outfits matching per child that I buy in the beginning) (bh I have the money to spend a bit more if needed, it's just I feel this is something unnecessary to spend on if I don't have to)

Just wanted to say I love your style! I'm taking some tips from you.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 8:57 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
It's sickening the panic that frum stores are creating. Summer didn't start yet! And here the stores are creating panic about winter shopping. Abnormal.
It used to be that stores started getting in the fall line after Tisha ba'av. That makes more sense.

I quite enjoy it. It means I can get every season on sale during the actual season.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 9:08 pm
I love this! It means that by the time I am ready to shop for the winter I can get almost everything on sale Very Happy These are the perks for those of us that specifically don't match our kids.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 9:12 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
tottini is way better priced than non Jewish stores esp bec no alterations/shells are needed. they have cute cheap current adorable TZNIUS clothing and literally so thankful that they exist.

I guess it depends where you shop, and your kids shapes and sizes. Either way, I still don’t make myself crazy. I can’t shop online for my girls anymore anyway, and there’s no totini near me. If I can get stuff on sale that’s great, but I’m not going to buy into the hype.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 9:23 pm
I love to spread out buying my kids wardrobe within a few months.

I get to spend maxium amount within my monthly budget vs buying last minute tons of stuff in one month and having to scrimp and save.

I do this as I stopped using CC and only use money that I actually have.

So I'm happy to shop now!!! I usually do now Shabbes stuff and 1-2 weekday. then Uniform and school shoes etc.

Itsallfromhim

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 9:26 pm
For those shopping now how do you account for summer growth spurts?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 9:31 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I guess it depends where you shop, and your kids shapes and sizes. Either way, I still don’t make myself crazy. I can’t shop online for my girls anymore anyway, and there’s no totini near me. If I can get stuff on sale that’s great, but I’m not going to buy into the hype.

I think Tottini has the dresses/skirt length listed for each piece and they might be returnable but I’m not sure

But anyway op shop whenever you want. The world doesn’t run out of clothes, ever.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 9:41 pm
Don't know if it's true their fall stuff is out, but if it is , it's because it has arrived from China and why not put it our and get the cash flowing.

Their summer stock has been picked over for a while already. In the Lakewood store very few styles were left long sleeves over a month ago. I'm sure that slows down sales.

Why do you want all the shopping shmushed in a few weeks? Think how much more crowded it will be.

lucky14

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 10:34 pm
amother Apple wrote:
Target is selling school supplies

I already purchased everything from my kids school supply lists Very Happy absolutely great feeling.

I’m gonna wait for the fall clothing though. Not getting stressed that stores are putting their stuff out. I still manage every year to get a couple of cute things when the sales start.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 10:40 pm
lucky14 wrote:
I already purchased everything from my kids school supply lists Very Happy absolutely great feeling.

I’m gonna wait for the fall clothing though. Not getting stressed that stores are putting their stuff out. I still manage every year to get a couple of cute things when the sales start.

I wish we had lists already :-(

kerem

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 10:47 pm
I was in Whoopi last week and the sales girl told me that fall/winter arrived and thy will be putting it out next week. She said that it used to arrive mid summer and they would put it out after the nine days. Since it arrived earlier they are putting out earlier.

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Jul 03 2023, 12:51 pm
I got an email from old navy with their fall/uniform stuff advertised.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 03 2023, 12:55 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
I got an email from old navy with their fall/uniform stuff advertised.

Children’s Place also has school and fall stuff on their website. I don’t usually look in my emails from them, but I’m sure they sent emails about it as well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics