Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Help! Daughter has lower tznius standards when upset w syste
Previous  1  2

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 7:59 pm
One of the best decisions I ever made was to allow my daughter to get a job instead of finishing high school. She is so much happier and is very successful in her field.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 8:59 pm
Your daughter is lucky to have you. I’m sure it’s hard for her “out there” but having parents who support and believe in you is everything. Kol hakavod.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Jul 18 2023, 9:16 pm
She sounds like a special person. I have a close friend who was just totally finished with high school after 11th grade. Just done. Similar reasons to your daughter. She went to a local seminary for one year, got most of her college credits there. Then went to seminary in Israel with her grade. When she came back, she quickly finished college and all her prerequisites, and is now thriving in a professional field after several years of advanced education and work experience. Married to a "top bochur" (whatever the heck that means) now with a few kids BH.

Each child needs a different path, yes people will yent and talk because that's what they like to do. Kudos to your daughter for being a growing person and putting herself in the right environments, and kudos to you for being her #1 supporter.

BatZion

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 3:08 am
I think you sound like fantastic parents OP and your daughter sounds like a very special, emesdik girl. You described a glimpse into the sheker-filled, twisted world we live in, and your daughter and you had the strength to call it out. I am sure she will flourish, and you will see much nachat from her.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children