Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
What do you do with a puzzle once you complete it?

What do you do with a puzzle once you complete it?
Hang it up  
 28%  [ 11 ]
Break it apart and put it away  
 71%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 38

scruffy

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:45 pm
Question above. We've hung a few but I don't want my home to be totally plastered in puzzles. At the same time, it feels unproductive to break apart our hard work Wink

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:49 pm
I’ll take it out again another time.
I like puzzles that take a couple days to complete. That’s 1000-1500pcs.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:54 pm
I learned from Imamother about the concept of preserving and hanging it and was a bit horrified to be honest. I love jigsaws and see them as something like a game or a book, an activity that can be enjoyed again and again. Not artwork to hang.

scruffy

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:57 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I’ll take it out again another time.
I like puzzles that take a couple days to complete. That’s 1000-1500pcs.

We typically do 1000 piece but maybe we're just slow puzzlers because it will take us once a week or so for 1-2 months (we have one of those roll up mats where you can put it away between sessions)

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 1:58 pm
I don't relate to jigsaws as a way to feel productive but maybe it would help to have an album of your completed works?

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:11 pm
There is a building down the road from me where the lobby is decorated with completed puzzles. Someone didn't have room in her house, but didn't want to break them up, so she put them on display.

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:15 pm
Take a picture. Break it apart. Pass it to a friend.

In that order.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:31 pm
Well when they are 3000-5000 pc puzzles that are monochrome or close to, the kids don't want to take them apart so we glue them. Some get hung, some sit around.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:34 pm
can anyone link some of the puzzles theyve hung up?

Highstrung

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:38 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
can anyone link some of the puzzles theyve hung up?

My friend had this one professionally mounted onto a wooden plaque and it is a piece of wall decor in her dinette. It looks really nice
https://www.google.com/search?.....sid=l

Last edited by Highstrung on Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:38 pm
I also have like 6 completed puzzles I don't know what to do with. The kids want them hung in their rooms but I don't love the aesthetic...

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 2:43 pm
I didnt vote because it really depends.

Any random puzzle I would break apart and put away for another time
But sometimes if I specifically buy a puzzle for a décor I have in mind I would plaque it and hang it up.

For example, I made a personalized puzzle with one of my wedding pictures, that I had plaqued and hung it up.

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 3:20 pm
Depends on the puzzle.

If I really like it (which I would usually be thinking of when I buy it in the first place) then glue and hang, probably in basement/ playroom.

If it was just for fun, break it up and give it away to either thrift store or local giveaway chat.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 3:29 pm
The last few puzzles we did I put into a poster frame from Michael's without gluing it. That way we can hang it up without the commitment of gluing it LOL .
So far they're all still hanging, but we can potentially break it apart one day and do it again.
For some reason there's very little joy in doing a puzzle that we already did. Maybe in 20 years from now.

scintilla

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 3:32 pm
I only buy puzzles that I would potentially hang up, so I usually glue them...and then stick them in a closet 80% of the time lol.

I do have 2 framed but still didn't find where to hang them in my small apartment!

happytobemom

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 3:32 pm
asmileaday wrote:

For some reason there's very little joy in doing a puzzle that we already did. Maybe in 20 years from now.

This. I've tried, but I can't seem to get through a puzzle that I've done already.

We've hung up puzzles, but we don't have that much wall space, nor do I want my house to be covered in puzzles. A few times we took old ones out of frames and replaced with new ones.

I voted frame and hang but really not always. Sometimes we'll break up and pass on to other family.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 4:08 pm
Take it apart to be reassembled in future, or give away so someone else can have fun or frustration assembling it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics