Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Is this the norm? Bat mitzva party invitation
Previous  1  2

Should we have been invited
No, you don't need to invite family that lives in other cities  
 32%  [ 9 ]
Yes, you should always invite family  
 57%  [ 16 ]
Other  
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 8:14 am
familyfirst wrote:
Op- you are right to feel snubbed. If she extended the invite to cousins of the same tier as yourself, then she should have extended to yiu as well. You get to decide whether you would attend or not.

Having said that, it’s time to move on. And thank you for bringing awareness to this sensitive matter.

Yes, time to move on. Disappointed though. I always make a point to invite everyone because I wouldn't want anyone to feel excluded, even if that would mean making a simpler simcha.

And yes, it's a sensitive matter. For those who don't invite, keep in mind that while yes you don't have to do anything, you might be hurting feelings.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 8:27 am
amother Clear wrote:
The relatives that were invited from Brooklyn, are the same close to them then you are? Perhaps they have girls the age of the Bat Mitzvah girl and you don't?
My daughter's bat mitzvah is coming up & we're only planning to invite those that have girls around my daughters age. We need to keep the invites to a minimum and this makes most sense.

If makes sense if you’re inviting only the girls her age but if you’re including the mothers and the other sisters in those families then it’s very hurtful to the relatives who weren’t blessed with girls that age. Especially those who wish they had a girl or another girl and now are left out of that club even more.

Simple1

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 8:29 am
Did she send out formal invitations? Or was it word of mouth? Could it be that it was assumed you were invited and also assumed you weren’t interested in traveling?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 2:20 pm
Yes, there were invitations to those who were invited.

Update: she thought if inviting me, but another family member disuaded her saying that we would probably not come so she shouldn't invite us.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 2:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, there were invitations to those who were invited.

Update: she thought of inviting us, but another family member disuaded her saying that we would probably not come so she shouldn't invite us.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics