Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Do playgroups require vaccination records
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 1:56 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
Nonsense! Just because my playgroup is not "legal" doesn't mean I want an outbreak in my house! The safety of the children is important to me even if daycare is not "legal".
I really don't understand why if it's not legal, it makes it right not to be vaccinated!!!

I didn't say that it makes it right not to be vaccinated. But if she's not running a legal group, she can't ask legal questions & you don't have to answer such questions to anyone besides for those that may legally ask those questions.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 1:57 pm
Playgroup is the age where the children are getting vaccines throughout the year. how can they be fully vaccinated at 2?!
MMR requires 2 shots. Many doctors don't do the first shot until 2 unless there is an outbreak, maybe her child turned 2 after the year started, maybe she was getting the 2nd booster...
Maybe be DLZ...

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:00 pm
I delay vaccines and catch up for school. I also sent to two different legal daycares in lakewood.
Both didnt care that I was behind...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:02 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
I didn't say that it makes it right not to be vaccinated. But if she's not running a legal group, she can't ask legal questions & you don't have to answer such questions to anyone besides for those that may legally ask those questions.

Why not? If she's running a private group, she can ask whatever she wants. No different than requesting that a child is toilet trained or is between certain ages, etc. Her group, her rules.

scruffy

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:04 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:

In this case, I don't think it's a legal question as much as a health question.

What if a morah wanted to keep her group peanut free? Would you think it's ok to send a kid with peanuts? I don't see it as any different.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:13 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:

And if she's not running a legal group she can refuse to accept your kid if you refuse to answer her questions.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:13 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Playgroup is the age where the children are getting vaccines throughout the year. how can they be fully vaccinated at 2?!
MMR requires 2 shots. Many doctors don't do the first shot until 2 unless there is an outbreak, maybe her child turned 2 after the year started, maybe she was getting the 2nd booster...
Maybe be DLZ...

Correct. Was wondering the same

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:33 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Why not? If she's running a private group, she can ask whatever she wants. No different than requesting that a child is toilet trained or is between certain ages, etc. Her group, her rules.

She can ask, but we don't need to answer.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:34 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
And if she's not running a legal group she can refuse to accept your kid if you refuse to answer her questions.

She can. But I never had a playgroup
teacher ask about vaccines and I sent to several different teachers over the years.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:34 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:

If I had a parent tell me that I would just write them off as a difficult parent and say I don't have a spot for them...

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:49 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
If I had a parent tell me that I would just write them off as a difficult parent and say I don't have a spot for them...

Right like shes doing them the favor of sending there. A morah who asks clearly doesn’t want unvaccinated kids

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:53 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
If she's not legal she can literally ask anything she wants. Including questions that might be seen as discriminatory according to the law.

Are you suggesting that if a morah doesn't do what you want you'd be moser on her for not being legal? Because I can't see any other way to understand your statements.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:57 pm
@darkmagenta for those legal groups did you have to submit your child’s records, or just explain that you’re on a delayed schedule with drs approval and they said that was fine?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:59 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:

In any case, I don't think that a teacher that runs an illegal playgroup has right to ask about vaccines. I was never asked by illegal playgroup morah's. I think that immunocompromized kids, should only be sent to legal daycare.

I had a babysitter who asked Rabbi Forscheimer if she can ask about vaccines, and he said she could, and that she could kick out existing kids who are not vaccinated. (this was quite a number of years ago. My child at that babysitter is now 15.)

BH my kids aren't immunocompromised, and I'm still makpid about sending them to what I consider a safe setting on a daily basis, during the first few years of their lives.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 3:02 pm
amother Steel wrote:
If she's not legal she can literally ask anything she wants. Including questions that might be seen as discriminatory according to the law.

Are you suggesting that if a morah doesn't do what you want you'd be moser on her for not being legal? Because I can't see any other way to understand your statements.

Oh my, no way!
As I said, I never had a morah ask.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 3:08 pm
So short answer: some don't ask at all, some all for proof, some ask but take your word. Find the daycare that fits your philosophy and cooperate with what they want from you

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 4:31 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:

You don't have to answer and you don't have to send.
But if you send, you answer the truth!

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 4:36 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Maybe be DLZ...

There's nothing to be DLZ about, she told me she intentionally didn't do that one!
I call that lying.
Obviously I don't ask kids to get vaccines they're not supposed to have.
The question is actually: "are you up to date in vaccination?"
I dk if you remember but when measles outbreak happened a lot of ppl said they were against that particular vaccine!
Parents AND morahs have a right to be makpid about vaccines!
Whoever doesn't agree can go somewhere else!

smss

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 4:39 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:

But you cannot lie.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:51 pm
Do all legal playgroups require immunization records?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries