Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What age did you let your daughter start shaving
Previous  1  2  3

gr82no

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:37 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Just a psa on the subject. Mothers should teach their daughters to always use a new razor (or blade) every time they shave.

My daughter used to reuse her shaver. Once she developed a cyst under her arm. By the time she told me about it, it was huge- bigger than a ping pong ball. She had to get it treated at the doctor's office. The doctor drained the cyst and a lot of blood gushed out. It was incredibly painful and traumatic.

How does a cyst come from reusing blades? I reuse a shaver till it’s dull

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:55 am
I use bleame and it really works and that's with dark hair. Shaving hurts. Otherwise I wax. I want to laser but I'm always pregnant or nursing.

Check out bleame it's a great solution. It's like a handheld eraser that doesn't hurt

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 12:51 pm
amother Holly wrote:
I use bleame and it really works and that's with dark hair. Shaving hurts. Otherwise I wax. I want to laser but I'm always pregnant or nursing.

Check out bleame it's a great solution. It's like a handheld eraser that doesn't hurt

I waxed for years until I did laser… then I got pregnant again and it all grew back Sad very frustrating

yachnabobba

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:13 pm
Why on earth would you start a fight about something so stupid… if she w
Ants to shave let her shave
I have one daughter who gate
S shaving and rarely bothers and another one
Who has been waxing since age ten

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:24 pm
If she wants to, teach her how. That's my philosophy. No one taught me and I kept cutting myself. My mother doesn't shave so I learned to do it from other girls. I am light haired on legs and arms. Keep in mind that some parts of the body get hair later and are generally darker. I hate underarm hair and hair on other areas. It took me years to learn how to groom. Learning how to do arms and legs opens the door to discussing shaving other parts. If she wants to.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:27 pm
At some point around the age of 12 my mom showed me the razor and told me that when the hairs start growing I should have it. (We are chassidish)
I went swim classes every week and I am glad that I shaved.

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 7:47 pm
In my opinion, she should wax. That way she doesn’t have to upkeep anything, besides for actually going to the last to get a wax. And it’s only a once a month thing

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 5:49 am
bat mitzvah

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 5:57 am
My mother didn't let. I got my hands on a shaver and hurt myself very badly doing it wrong. It was embarrassing and traumatic. Please don't do that.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 8:20 am
coloredleaves wrote:
If she feels better about herself doing it (bc probably her friend are) then why not? She should Look out together in whatever way is normal in your area. That's good that she is socially aware.

Personally I would add that I shave almost every day even in the winter and even though in the winter I fully cover my wigs with black tights and I shave even when I'm in Nidda. I like the way soft legs feel and I don't like how I feel for myself when it grows out. Maybe its sensory. But id be upset if I wanted to shave and someone told me I couldn't. There are other personal care things I don't do as much as others- like tweezing - but this thing bothers me if I don't do . I like how smooth looks and feels for myself !

This is precisely why her mother is concerned about when she should start. Most ladies hair is soft and not physically bothersome before they start shaving. Especially at 12.

imaima

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 8:27 am
amother OP wrote:
Im not opposed to her shaving, per se. It's just a responsibility that once she starts, she can't stop. Maybe I'm just a little sad(ish) to think how fast she's growing up.

It will be up to her whether she shaves or not
She may drop it and be one of those hairy women. It’s her body

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 8:38 am
Thank you everyone for all the replies. And a big thank you to those who responded to the "lesser-than-kind" posts.

I gave her my blessings and moving on.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children