Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Denver CO during Sukkot?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 11:26 pm
Thinking of going to Denver for Chol Hamoed (just DH and I; kids are not home this YT).

Would it be easy to find a restaurant or Chabad house with a Sukkah?

Also is October a good time to visit Colorado?

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 10:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thinking of going to Denver for Chol Hamoed (just DH and I; kids are not home this YT).

Would it be easy to find a restaurant or Chabad house with a Sukkah?

Also is October a good time to visit Colorado?

Thanks?

Bump

Zahava94

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 9:35 am
I don't think you'll find a restaurant with a sukkah, but I'm sure the chabads and shuls in Denver will have sukkahs you can use.

Regarding visiting Colorado in October - yes, it is actually the best time of year to go, in my opinion. Fewer crowds, beautiful fall colors, cooler temperatures, and chances of seeing snow on the higher peaks.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:10 am
Zahava94 wrote:
I don't think you'll find a restaurant with a sukkah, but I'm sure the chabads and shuls in Denver will have sukkahs you can use.

Regarding visiting Colorado in October - yes, it is actually the best time of year to go, in my opinion. Fewer crowds, beautiful fall colors, cooler temperatures, and chances of seeing snow on the higher peaks.

Thanks so much for that!
Regarding a chance of snow at the higher altitudes: would the roads at RM national Park be safe to drive? Or possibly covered by snow?
Also, I looked this online and couldn't find the answer: Do most of the hiking trails at RMNP have guardrails? Or exposed rims instead? I have a healthy fear of heights, and I'm mostly ok as long as the rims are not exposed on narrow trails. At Bryce national Park in Utah, I didn't feel so safe on some of the trails. They were narrow and twisted, without any barriers on the edges.
Grand Canyon in Arizona was fine, but I stayed on the main, widely paved trails and didn't hike down. I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Zahava94

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:23 am
The main roads through the higher elevations of RMNP, west of Many Parks Curve, are usually closed by the end of October, due to snow. You'll need to keep an eye on the weather forecast if you plan on venturing up there. The east side of the park (around Estes Park) is generally warmer with less chances of snow, so you should be fine traveling through there, and there are tons of great trails and things to do around that area.
No, the hiking trails in RMNP do not have guardrails, but then again, they don't have sheer drops like Bryce or Grand Canyon. The mountain slopes in RMNP are more gentle and should not present a problem, unless there is snow or ice.

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:31 am
The one kosher restaurant in Denver east side kosher deli will have a succah

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:33 pm
Zahava94 wrote:
The main roads through the higher elevations of RMNP, west of Many Parks Curve, are usually closed by the end of October, due to snow. You'll need to keep an eye on the weather forecast if you plan on venturing up there. The east side of the park (around Estes Park) is generally warmer with less chances of snow, so you should be fine traveling through there, and there are tons of great trails and things to do around that area.
No, the hiking trails in RMNP do not have guardrails, but then again, they don't have sheer drops like Bryce or Grand Canyon. The mountain slopes in RMNP are more gentle and should not present a problem, unless there is snow or ice.

Hugely helpful!
Thank you Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:34 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:

Thanks! I discovered that there's a second one called Brooklyn Pizza. I think they will have a Sukkah up as well.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:36 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:

Double post. Delete.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 1:51 pm
There's a 3rd one now called Bitcoin. Don't know about a sukkah

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 1:08 pm
Also considering this. Where could one stay?
Are there houses or apartments rented out by frum people and located in the frum area??
Any leads appreciated.
Thank you.9
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics