Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Counseling in Seminaries when witnessed a terror attack

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 11:50 am
My daughter is in a BY type seminary in Yerushalayim. There's was a stabbing today and she said two girls saw it.
They all just arrived there this week.
Do seminaries invite someone to talk to girls to help to process it?

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 11:59 am
The details depend on the individual seminary, but most have some kind if support system in place. That won't always include having someone address the seminary as a whole.

Fortunately this mornings incident was not too bad, with one man moderately wounded and another mildly wounded, and the terrorist apprehended on the spot.

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 12:45 pm
If the girls are really traumatized maybe finding someone who does emdr/r-tep. R-tep was actually developed in Israel so they are the experts in this kind of trauma treatment. Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 12:50 pm
Elfrida wrote:
The details depend on the individual seminary, but most have some kind if support system in place. That won't always include having someone address the seminary as a whole.

Fortunately this mornings incident was not too bad, with one man moderately wounded and another mildly wounded, and the terrorist apprehended on the spot.

There were two men wounded? YWN said "only" one

wigboutique

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:08 pm
It wasn’t that serious and both people are alive bh the one wounded strongly is in serious but not critical condition, I believe he will heal
BH was right there on yafo gate today an hour before and a ton of people were there including seminary girls and yeshiva bochurim and it was fine
Seminaries from my experience absolutely do prep the girls in case of any type of scenario and are great as support. Also practically it’s always good to look around you and stay away from Arabs in any case. Do your hishtadlus

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
There were two men wounded? YWN said "only" one

2, one lightly.
They should have a therapist of some sort to call in.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:09 pm
Elfrida wrote:

He was actually seriously wounded from what I read, and I don’t agree that it “was not too bad.”

That’s a horrific thing for anyone to witness, especially for newly arrived, young sem girls to see right in front of their eyes, realizing it could’ve easily been them c’v. It’s traumatic and I do believe they should have access to a therapist to discuss and process what they witnessed.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:54 pm
I would email the office and ask the question. If enough parents do that, then if the school is planning to have someone available if a girl wants to go to her, they may shift over to talking to them all if they see that need.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:59 pm
The terrorist attacked the man with a meat cleaver stabbing him repeatedly! One seriously wounded and one lightly.
Yes I would contact the seminary and see what they can set up!
Of course this would be traumatizing for anyone to witness at Yaffo Gate!

All the more so newly arrived girls without their stability, routine, and family there to support them!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info