Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What’s one socially off/ awkward conversation u witnessed?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:01 pm
amother Beige wrote:
You impress me. PM a mod.

Just did. Hope she removes thread. Ty!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just did. Hope she removes thread. Ty!

You're better then me. It's easy to to tell someone you think they may be doing something wrong. It's not as easy to accept critisism not only with grace, but with a thank you.

Did I upset you...? I hope I didn't embarrass you. Am I alowed to ask you for a Brocho even tho I'm the cause of your embarrassment.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:12 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Not a conversation, but when a friend of mine was sitting shiva for her father who was killed in a car accident, someone came in, looked at my friend and without saying a word, grabbed a towel and put it over my friends knees.

I mean, seriously! Day 2 of Shiva and you think how covered her knees should be is what’s important?

As ppl sitting shiva are usually on low chairs, it could be that when she was sitting accross from her she saw more than her knees! והמבין יבין!
(Could be she shouldn't have done it regardless but we can be DLZ!)

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 5:42 pm
True story: by my cousins Vort her mom explained to the mechetanista who someone is by saying,” this is so and so, she has an amazing son who I would’ve loved for my daughter, ( the kallah) but he still has an older brother!”

Omg cringe for all around!

cnc

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:04 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
True story: by my cousins Vort her mom explained to the mechetanista who someone is by saying,” this is so and so, she has an amazing son who I would’ve loved for my daughter, ( the kallah) but he still has an older brother!”

Omg cringe for all around!

Can't Believe It

DVOM

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:12 pm
My winners:

My younger sister got engaged and married before me. At her vort, a neighbor put her arm around me and said:

'The pretty, skinny girls always get snapped up so fast, but don't worry, there's someone out there for you too.'

My other favorite was when a neighbor's kid told my kid that his mother doesn't let him play in our house because we have Internet access. A week or so later, same neighbor asked if she could come over and do some Amazon shopping on my computer, because she doesn't have Internet access.

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:18 pm
nvrmnd

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:25 pm
Married 4 yrs. and with 2 babies. DH Grandmother saw our children and said ''Baby girl is so cute, Our side. Baby boy, Very not cute, must be the other side''. Hello?? I am standing there. Really? you can't say something Nice? My DH laughed it off but he was used to things like that. ( For the record, baby boy grew up, lots of friends, Married now with beautiful children and being an amazing Husband and Father. and very Handsome).

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:29 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
I have a friend who always mentions how one of my kids is so cute, just like my husband, but the rest just look like me. Sigh.

lol I have one and people will say, "She's so beautiful! Looks just like your husband. I wouldn't have guessed she is yours"

I honestly just crack up at this point.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:44 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
I was walking down the road with my MIL and a neighbour which is a relative said to me "You're baby is so cute, so interesting how can that be?"

she then continued, "Your husband was not a cute baby at all" and turning to my MIL "Your kids were not pretty babies and toddlerss" she repeated it a few times.

We continued down the road and the two of us just looked at each other in shock and confusion.

This remind me when I had my first baby and he was adorable kh my sister once said something that she cant beleive my baby is so cute. I don't remember the exact words.
When I had my second one and he looked totally different and wasnt cute she said she thought the first one will be like that. Basically she was shocked that I had a cute looking baby.
I never said anything but I remember how hurt I was .

imthatawesome

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:49 pm
A friend of mine married an Israeli guy whose English wasn’t very good. During sheva brachos, she came out dressed in her best and tried complimenting her by saying,”Shevy, you look tremendous!”

Thankfully she realized and found it hilarious

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:57 pm
amother Beige wrote:
You impress me. PM a mod.

Or flag it

I’ll do it for you

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:03 pm
BatZion wrote:
I can't.
Who are these people?!

I'm feeling the same way.....Ppl please listen up - any human who has said such things as we read above, they're obviously Not in their sane mind, even if they seem to be! And to the one who it was said to - please know - its not you! That person has insecurities!! Terrible to let these oh so hurtful words live rent free in your hearts! (easier said then done, I know....) sorry
Healing to everyone!

Simple1

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:07 pm
Cheiny wrote:
When a Yeshiva principal was niftar, I heard a woman who had worked with her practically wail to the niftar’s children, “I know you all are her children, but WHAT ABOUT ME?? What am I supposed to do now?!” Oh my. It left everyone speechless.

It might be the wrong thing to say, but I can’t help but think how touching her reaction.

Simple1

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:10 pm
I can see why this thread might be a problem. I have had my own foot in mouth moments.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:24 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I can see why this thread might be a problem. I have had my own foot in mouth moments.

Can you report it for me then.. this was totally not my intention.. tried reporting it but nothing changed…

It’s one thing to say our moments but those of others not necessarily so..
Most ppl mean well.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:26 pm
amother Beige wrote:
You're better then me. It's easy to to tell someone you think they may be doing something wrong. It's not as easy to accept critisism not only with grace, but with a thank you.

Did I upset you...? I hope I didn't embarrass you. Am I alowed to ask you for a Brocho even tho I'm the cause of your embarrassment.

Not at all!!

Pls don’t think about it. Appreciate it!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:29 pm
How is this thread lashon hara if no people are named? I think we can all learn from it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics