Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/O satmar BP memories
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 11:05 pm
giftedmom wrote:
It’s normal for her passing and articles about her to trigger those memories.
I can tell you that there were authority figures who really made me and many other people suffer. One in particular I hope they die so they stop torturing people. I’m sure there will be an article about them. I said what I said.

Hashem is the Ultimate Judge, why don't you let Him decide who deserves what?

giftedmom

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 11:21 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Hashem is the Ultimate Judge, why don't you let Him decide who deserves what?

Ofcourse I let I’m not going around killing people

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 1:28 pm
She is a very painful part of my memories. Whenever I hear her name, it touches a very sore spot. And I did think about her many times. Every time I see my daughters' amazing principals I feel such sadness for that child in me.
This thread is very therapeutic in seeing that it wasn't just me. It's about her. Even though I knew it all along it's still therapeutic to see how others feel about her. We never discussed this Irl.
And now when I meet people irl life all we say is 'oy, she was such an amazing person. She cant be replaced. oy oy oy..

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 1:30 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
She is a very painful part of my memories. Whenever I hear her name, it touches a very sore spot. And I did think about her many times. Every time I see my daughters' amazing principals I feel such sadness for that child in me.
This thread is very therapeutic in seeing that it wasn't just me. It's about her. Even though I knew it all along it's still therapeutic to see how others feel about her. We never discussed this Irl.
And now when I meet people irl life all we say is 'oy, she was such an amazing person. She cant be replaced. oy oy oy..

Acherei Mos, kedoshim...

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 1:55 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
Acherei Mos, kedoshim...
LOL LOL
That's how life works. With any person. Even if the person was an אפיקורס or serial killer, when he dies you'll find out what a special person he was

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 1:58 pm

I'm curios, how come it wasn't discussed irl?

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:01 pm
amother Poppy wrote:

Because! Because it was just never discussed. It was one of those taboo subjects.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:02 pm

FWIW your pain is valid
IME empathetic authority figures at the very top are the exception, not the rule, which is really sad. It’s a lot more common to find an authentically good loving teacher than principal or dean. I’m happy for your daughter. Sadly my own girls principals are a mixed lot. Some great, some totally off the wall. But my daughter has me, and I fight for her. And you know what? Principals nowadays know that.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:04 pm
amother Honey wrote:
Because! Because it was just never discussed. It was one of those taboo subjects.

That's sad.

I'm not Satmar but IMO they shouldn't have published an article. You don't have to write anything negative, but no need to sing her praises either.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:07 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
That's sad.

I'm not Satmar but IMO they shouldn't have published an article. You don't have to write anything negative, but no need to sing her praises either.

The article was written by her contemporary, not her student.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:24 pm
giftedmom wrote:
FWIW your pain is valid
IME empathetic authority figures at the very top are the exception, not the rule, which is really sad. It’s a lot more common to find an authentically good loving teacher than principal or dean. I’m happy for your daughter. Sadly my own girls principals are a mixed lot. Some great, some totally off the wall. But my daughter has me, and I fight for her. And you know what? Principals nowadays know that.

Not all principals know that. We just finished with a story with a principal of one of my girls. The craziness of the woman was beyond crazy. Ultimately we turned to hashem and told him that we did everything in our power and whatever hishtadlus we can possibly do now you have to help us. 3 days later hashem helped us in the most creative way ever. I don’t even know of the principal is aware of what happened. Maybe by now yes.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:30 pm
amother Honey wrote:
Not all principals know that. We just finished with a story with a principal of one of my girls. The craziness of the woman was beyond crazy. Ultimately we turned to hashem and told him that we did everything in our power and whatever hishtadlus we can possibly do now you have to help us. 3 days later hashem helped us in the most creative way ever. I don’t even know of the principal is aware of what happened. Maybe by now yes.

I’m not saying that them knowing always makes things better. In the case of a real nut job sometimes it makes things worse. As they feel they need to hold on to their power.
But in my girls case bh I was so far able to advocate and defend them. Bh I hope I am able to in the future. But just the fact that kids know that their parents are on their side makes a huge difference.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:34 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
maybe cuz of lashan hara and all.. maybe cuz we were embarrassed to discuss our shame and how we were yelled at..
I understand that after a person passed away we shouldn't be talking negatively. So I honestly feel really bad every time I post. I can't control myself. But will try to stop. I always wished for the day when I'll tell her everything I feel. I missed that chance. and yes, It hurts to see people writing nice things about someone who hurt me deeply.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics