Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Trust me, Don't ____________
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:16 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Did dish washer survive in the end? If yes I am pleased for you. I've been told using regular dishwashing liquid in a dishwasher could waive the warranty.

Yes bh. It was not broken because of the soap, there was another issue that I can’t recall. But he couldn’t figure out why there was so much bubbles in the machine Confused

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:36 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Did dish washer survive in the end? If yes I am pleased for you. I've been told using regular dishwashing liquid in a dishwasher could waive the warranty.

Mine survived. It was out of order for a day or two and my husband spent so
e time draining it. I'm blessed that one of us is handy.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:02 pm
tothepoint wrote:
Trust me, do not create a new password without saving the info, thinking meh I’ll just remember it

People, you will not remember it.

I have all my passwords saved on my phones notebook with a password protection.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:05 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Mine survived. It was out of order for a day or two and my husband spent so
e time draining it. I'm blessed that one of us is handy.

I quickly turned it off and emptied the machine. Used a ton of towels to clean up the mess, and then I just cancelled the program.

zoom

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:10 pm
Ouch about the nail polish remover!
Thats strong!

Totally agree about the passwords!
Im always too clever to write it down ...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:14 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Don’t take off your glasses until AFTER you have picked out the bottle of eye makeup remover at the mikvah and poured some on the cotton ball.

I accidentally cleaned my eye with nail polish remover 🙈

And I did the same with rubbing alcohol. I feel your pain, sister!

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:21 pm
Trust me, don't expect to stop at target for just paper towels. You will end up saving much more money even though they were "on sale"

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:41 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
Also, OP you have a very engaging humorous writing style. Thanks for the laugh!

Thanks. sometimes it's better to laugh than to cry. It's really no fun making mistake after mistake and trying to do damage control all day.

Trust me it will get cold in the winter and you will need a coat. As beautiful as the weather is, it will happen.
Happens every year. And every season still hits me by surprise like an unexpected guest that just popped in for a couple of months.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:51 pm
Op, it was fun to follow your train of thoughts and listening in on your inner brainworks.
Sounds super familiar to me, I most likely have ADHD, and being me is sometimes no fun.
Folding laundry. Putting one undershirt in the right pile in its owner's closet.( Yes, finishing to fold all the laundry, and then putting everything away makes way more sense, but it's too boring for me) . Getting busy organising dd's closet. Start making the beds in her room. Wait- I'm folding laundry! Drag myself back asoasf... if you know y'know Wink

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 3:02 pm
NechaMom wrote:
Trust me the edge of the cake or challah also has calories. Your body doesn’t care where you cut it from.

Women eating the edge of the cake and the challa is an ancient minhag in my family. Some are machmir and also serve themselves the end slice of the roast.
I’m learning so much from this thread. Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 3:08 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Op, it was fun to follow your train of thoughts and listening in on your inner brainworks.
Sounds super familiar to me, I most likely have ADHD, and being me is sometimes no fun.
Folding laundry. Putting one undershirt in the right pile in its owner's closet.( Yes, finishing to fold all the laundry, and then putting everything away makes way more sense, but it's too boring for me) . Getting busy organising dd's closet. Start making the beds in her room. Wait- I'm folding laundry! Drag myself back asoasf... if you know y'know Wink

I know I know Wink

The thing with laundry is that sometimes it's in everyone's closet. And sometimes it's more "buffet style laundry". You go to the laundry room and choose a shirt, then a pants, socks... Don't you enjoy a buffet sometimes over being served?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:22 pm
Thank you everyone. Having a really hard day (week, month) and it’s good to laugh.

yachnabobba

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 5:55 pm
Serve a favorite family recipe to a new kallah.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 6:13 pm
yachnabobba wrote:
Serve a favorite family recipe to a new kallah.

My father loves impressing people with his cooking and served for guests his favourite childhood food. A meatloaf with boiled eggs in the center, yuck. most people dont appreciate weird food.

Ok1

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 7:45 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
Trust me, do not put lenses into Clear Care lens solution to soak in any lens case because you're too lazy to find the one that comes with the Clear care solution. It doesn't matter that you and your eyes have special abilities, if it says it will burn, it WILL burn

Yep yep!!! Happened to me!!! Never bought this solution again

kenz

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 7:51 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
I ate only Fruits and vegetables and nothing more. Make sure not to completely restrict any kind of category.

While this is obviously not an ideal diet, there are people who have hyperemesis and can’t keep anything down and lose tons of weight while they’re pregnant because it’s completely out of their control, yet they have healthy babies because Hashem decided they would.
In other words, please don’t blame yourself. Yes, you should be careful in the future, but we are not G-d and we don’t know why anything happens.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 8:05 pm
Trust me, tiryaki sauce and soy sauce might have a similar colors and bottle, but it is not interchangable.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. sometimes it's better to laugh than to cry. It's really no fun making mistake after mistake and trying to do damage control all day.

Trust me it will get cold in the winter and you will need a coat. As beautiful as the weather is, it will happen.
Happens every year. And every season still hits me by surprise like an unexpected guest that just popped in for a couple of months.

Omg this is me!! I'm from Sunny los Angeles and moved to the tristate area in the U.S. and every fall/winter I'm in this kind of denial- oh this year, this year it won't happen. It will just stay lovely all year with maybe a little rain and sweater weather in January. And then I spend the first month of cold weather here being shocked and frozen and frustrated until I get my act together:/ and then I'm always the one overdressed when there's a random warm day cuz it's like I don't believe it..and I don't know if I'll ever get in the habit of checking the weather daily like new yorkers do...so I feel ya Wink

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:22 pm
Trust me don’t make supper for your kids because they won’t eat it unless you force or bribe them.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:48 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
Trust me, don't expect to stop at target for just paper towels. You will end up saving much more money even though they were "on sale"

LOL! I may be the only person on Earth who ever walked into Target and walked out empty-handed. However, I was cheating a bit, having had it in mind lechatchilah to see if I could pull off such a feat.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics