Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Trust me, Don't ____________
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:09 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Women eating the edge of the cake and the challa is an ancient minhag in my family. Some are machmir and also serve themselves the end slice of the roast.
I’m learning so much from this thread. Very Happy

And I eat the gefilte fish ends Very Happy

Do not leave any electronics anywhere less then 4 feet up when a toddler is on the loose. Many dollars later, I have now trained myself to put the laptop in the linen closet when I am done using it.

heidi

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:32 am
Trust me, don't mistake Ambien for Advil- DH did that years ago and had to call in sick to work

honeymoon

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:37 am
Trust me, don't leave piles of folded laundry on the couch for a minute while you run to use the bathroom. In case of emergency duct tape your little rascal's hands behind his/her back until you return.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:34 pm
kenz wrote:
While this is obviously not an ideal diet, there are people who have hyperemesis and can’t keep anything down and lose tons of weight while they’re pregnant because it’s completely out of their control, yet they have healthy babies because Hashem decided they would.
In other words, please don’t blame yourself. Yes, you should be careful in the future, but we are not G-d and we don’t know why anything happens.

Preface: I'm not blaming the other poster in the slightest- Everything is from Hashem

Correct me if I'm wrong- Anyone I know with HG does not starve their bodies, they get IV nutrition to get through the pregnancy instead of eating which they can't tolerate

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:49 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Preface: I'm not blaming the other poster in the slightest- Everything is from Hashem

Correct me if I'm wrong- Anyone I know with HG does not starve their bodies, they get IV nutrition to get through the pregnancy instead of eating which they can't tolerate

Iv is not something done regularly except in the worst cases where the person is hospitalized. Most people with hg are mostly starving.

potatokugel1

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 3:36 pm
Trust me don't use cottage cheese instead of farmer cheese for blintzes filling. Did it now it's so runny I can't fill the blintzes waaaaaahhh.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 3:42 pm
potatokugel1 wrote:
Trust me don't use cottage cheese instead of farmer cheese for blintzes filling. Did it now it's so runny I can't fill the blintzes waaaaaahhh.

If you're not done filling it, I would take hand blender and blend the cheese mixure it should be smooth instead of clunks of cottage cheese in liquid.

potatokugel1

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 3:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you're not done filling it, I would take hand blender and blend the cheese mixure it should be smooth instead of clunks of cottage cheese in liquid.

So I ended up doing that. It is still very runny but I am just using less per blintz. Not ideal but it is gonna have to be good.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 5:46 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
You need all food groups. Fats. Carbs. Protein.
You can choose healthy fats. You shouldn’t eat hydrogenated vegetable fats found in junk food. You can eat butter but you don’t have to if you’re pouring olive oil on your vegetables, eating a fatty piece of salmon and avocado on your toast.
You need carbs but you don’t ever have to eat sugar, honey, date syrup, corn syrup, white rice or white flour. You can get your carbs from fresh fruit, oatmeal, brown rice, barley and sweet potatoes.
You need protein. You can choose eggs, fish, chicken. You don’t need to eat burgers, hotdogs or smoked meats. Smoked and processed meats happen to be a good thing to skip entirely.
Dairy products are a good choice. Many suggest you limit the type and amount of fish you eat because of mercury.
You need fiber. Replace processed or white carbs with whole grains, eat legumes (those have fiber and protein so they’re a win win) and lots of colorful vegetables.

Talk to your ob and ask if there’s a dietician or nutritionist on staff who can give you guidelines or make a one time appointment to one yourself. This is too important to leave to me, a random imamother.

When I'm on diet I have a tendency to go extreme. I can't choose only healthy food. If I need to choose I end up eating nothing. Many people find it very hard to stick to rules.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 7:27 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
LOL! I may be the only person on Earth who ever walked into Target and walked out empty-handed. However, I was cheating a bit, having had it in mind lechatchilah to see if I could pull off such a feat.

And I must be the only person in the world who walked out of Costco spending less than $5!

shanie5

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 7:43 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Women eating the edge of the cake and the challa is an ancient minhag in my family. Some are machmir and also serve themselves the end slice of the roast.
I’m learning so much from this thread. Very Happy

Machmir? It's my favorite part! I eat it in the kitchen when slicing the roast!

Trust me, don't tell your kids "I'll think about it" because they will hear "Yes, sure, no problem, of course I/you can"

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:08 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Machmir? It's my favorite part! I eat it in the kitchen when slicing the roast!

Trust me, don't tell your kids "I'll think about it" because they will hear "Yes, sure, no problem, of course I/you can"

We love the ends too. Trust me, this family minhag didn’t come from us wanting to be martyrs.
As far as telling kids I’ll think about it- already learned that the hard way Sad
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics