Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o compulsive shopper

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:48 am
Hi,

That me. I'm a compulsive shopper..wish I could stop. But I love getting new stuff.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:52 am
There was a thread with shabbos robes on sale. I showed them to my husband and asked him how many I should buy?
He said “how many would you buy if it was regular price”
Me: “none. I have too many robes”

Real estate is hot now. We shouldn’t fill our space with more things that we have already.

LOL LOL LOL

NechaMom

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:52 am
Are you working for the money you shop with?
That should help. It’s much easier to spend money that DH worked for. Or worse, someone else. Or rack up CC bills.
If you only spend the money YOU earned most of the desire goes away and you only spend on what you really need.
Otherwise, you really need professional help.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:04 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
There was a thread with shabbos robes on sale. I showed them to my husband and asked him how many I should buy?

Real estate is hot now. We shouldn’t fill our space with more things that we have already.

LOL LOL LOL

Lol. I love sales. That's where I get tripped.up

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:09 pm
I used to be like that I shopped like crazy I had bad shalom bayis and I did it for retail therapy but now bh we have everything we need and trying to save $ so not shopping as much I used to get 3 to 6 packages a day Smile nothing high end just small items to make me smile. but at some point it was getting crazy so I stopped now I do other things instead and bh shalom bayis is better.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:09 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
I used to be like that I shopped like crazy I had bad shalom bayis and I did it for retail therapy but now bh we have everything we need and trying to save $ so not shopping as much I used to get 3 to 6 packages a day Smile nothing high end just small items to make me smile. but at some point it was getting crazy so I stopped now I do other things instead and bh shalom bayis is better.

What do you do instead?

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
What do you do instead?

Read a book
watch a movie
go for a walk, run
paint
phone a friend
listen to a funny joke
work
do a chessed

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:15 pm
I’m not a big spender but I do compulsively buy small things. Treat myself to fancy coffee, buy a bought sandwich for lunch, buy a new makeup product I don’t really need etc. stuff life that.

I was spending quite a bit on it and it was sore subject between DH and I. Thanks to therapy we came up with a system. We include in our monthly budget “rainy day” money for me. I have an allotted amount to spend every month. I can buy whatever I want as long as I don’t exceed the budget. B”h that has worked really well for me

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:33 pm
amother Babypink wrote:

LOL LOL LOL

What a wise man.

The version I was told was "its not a deal if you don't need it".

Bleemee

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 9:35 pm
amother Babypink wrote:

LOL LOL LOL
He has a fantastic approach to sales!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics