Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I almost died in childbirth, ama
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:27 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
Curious to know why you put this under "entertainment." Seems rather inappropriate, even if the subject under discussion is you.

Because all the ama were in this category

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 6:47 pm
amother Stone wrote:
What was it like hearing your dh fight for you? Is it something you go back to when marriage gets tough?

It’s funny that you ask this, I never really thought about it. To me it was just obvious that you don’t give up on your 25 year old wife in something which should be as routine as childbirth. He told me He was totally in denial at first and thought they were just telling him all the worst case scenarios until the medical personnel spoke very bluntly to him and told him that they suggested not resuscitating me and told him I was about to die if they didn’t intervene which is at the point he started fighting with them that they needed to try harder and use every intervention possible.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:17 am
wow this is very scary.

I hemorrhaged in a few of my births (2 regular and 1 C) which was scary but b'h they got it under control. (I did get blood and iron by IV after) and they monitored me very carefully at each birth - weight my blood after.

amother
White

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:17 am
I was told that if I become pregnant again I would need to be on aspirin and heparin due to having a placenta that did not function well and a baby who did not grow properly in my last pregnancy, after hearing your story, should I avoid becoming pregnant again due to the risks of taking blood thinners while pregnant?

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:22 am
amother White wrote:
I was told that if I become pregnant again I would need to be on aspirin and heparin due to having a placenta that did not function well and a baby who did not grow properly in my last pregnancy, after hearing your story, should I avoid becoming pregnant again due to the risks of taking blood thinners while pregnant?

Absolutely not. There are risks with everything and what OP experienced, while horrifying, is extremely rare. There are many other risks associated with not taking blood thinners when indicated during pregnancy.

Busybee5

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:24 am
amother White wrote:

No, just don't take the blood thinners? Or get a second opinion if you really need. Also if you usually don't give birth early like op then you can stop a few weeks before your due date.
In my last pregnancy the doctors gave me a big double dose of aspirin to take. Why? Because I have small baby's. It was just a precaution. I happened to go get a covid immunity test taken and the Dr at the chemist who was doing it said wow you bleed really easily, are you on blood thinners. I said I was prescribed them as precaution but hadn't even started taking them yet! So he said I shouldn't take them. My baby was and is fine bh. He's 2 now Smile knH. And he was a small baby like my others. Nothing to do with my placenta/blood flow which they checked anyway at growth scans.

amother
White

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:31 am
Sorry, I wasn't asking for your opinion. When I said "small baby" I meant 3 lbs and at high risk of stillbirth chv

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:33 am
amother White wrote:

I don’t think you have to worry, what happened to me was extremely rare. Most people would stop taking blood thinners well before delivery and my risk was compounded because I have a blood clotting disorder. The blood thinners made everything double or triple as bad but I would have been high risk for complications regardless.

Busybee5

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 9:14 am
amother White wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't asking for your opinion. When I said "small baby" I meant 3 lbs and at high risk of stillbirth chv

So sorry. You asked if you should risk becoming pregnant when you need blood thinners 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm sorry that you have such hard pregnancies/births. Sounds so worrying.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics