Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I got the covid vaccine AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 5:55 pm
amother Mint wrote:

Definitely ineffective AND in many cases harmful. But I didnt know this 3 years ago.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 5:58 pm
amother White wrote:
What's the reward for not vaccinating?

It's impossible to say exactly because there isn't concrete data. And there never will be accurate data.

The same health organizations that deliberately miscalculate covid deaths to encourage vaccinating can't be trusted to accurately and honestly tell us the data on adverse effects from the vaccine.

My husband had headaches for a year after he vaccinated. His neurologist said many people are seeing him with this problem after getting vaccinated.

But if you really and truly believe there is no risk and only benefit from vaccinating, then you'd give a newborn the vaccine as well as allow a 6 year old five boosters. Would you do that?

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 6:02 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I didn't take the risk Bec I didn't have little kids. You missed my point. My point was its easy to say only 1000 died until it becomes your kid...

But if you want to go down this road...my kids wear seat belts,they aren't out of my sight when they are little,I take precautions. Same as those who vaxxed their kids...they took precautions to protect them...

If you've ever allowed your kids in a car then you've taken risks. Why weren't you worried that God forbid they would be one of the 700? Many were wearing seatbelts. Did you let your kids walk alone when they were teenagers? Why weren't you worried a bad guy would grab then c'vs? It seems like you were willing to take the risk.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 6:09 pm
amother Steel wrote:
If you've ever allowed your kids in a car then you've taken risks. Why weren't you worried that God forbid they would be one of the 700? Many were wearing seatbelts. Did you let your kids walk alone when they were teenagers? Why weren't you worried a bad guy would grab then c'vs? It seems like you were willing to take the risk.

I take precautions..what don't you understand...

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 6:17 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I take precautions..what don't you understand...

My point is that it is never a valid argument to point out a tiny miniscule risk and suggest people should allow it to affect their life.

You said "what if you were one of the 1000".

But people don't live that way. A few people died this year going to sporting events. Would you go to a crowded sporting event? Would you fly on a plane? Do you go to the mall? Why aren't you worried there will be a shooter there?

My point is we never let things that are 1 in a million interfere with our life. You don't in the examples I described here. And that's why you saying others should be worried their kids would be in the tiny statistic of healthy children who died of covid doesn't make sense.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 8:16 pm
There are communities where most people got vaccinated and boosted. I don’t see them being sicker chas veshalom than other communities that didn’t.

amother
White

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 9:54 pm
amother Mint wrote:
Definitely ineffective AND in many cases harmful. But I didnt know this 3 years ago.

That's fascinating.

amother
White

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 9:57 pm
amother Steel wrote:
It's impossible to say exactly because there isn't concrete data. And there never will be accurate data.

The same health organizations that deliberately miscalculate covid deaths to encourage vaccinating can't be trusted to accurately and honestly tell us the data on adverse effects from the vaccine.

My husband had headaches for a year after he vaccinated. His neurologist said many people are seeing him with this problem after getting vaccinated.

But if you really and truly believe there is no risk and only benefit from vaccinating, then you'd give a newborn the vaccine as well as allow a 6 year old five boosters. Would you do that?

This is not about me - but it wouldn't be possible to get a Covid vaccine for newborn.

I'm trying to get the point across that 1000 deaths from covid vs 1000 death from car accidents (or what ever it was) is incomparable, since there are clearly 'rewards' for driving around.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 10:19 pm
amother White wrote:
This is not about me - but it wouldn't be possible to get a Covid vaccine for newborn.

I'm trying to get the point across that 1000 deaths from covid vs 1000 death from car accidents (or what ever it was) is incomparable, since there are clearly 'rewards' for driving around.

So with getting in a car the risk/reward is somewhat clearly defined. We know the fatality totals are miniscule and we understand the benefits of using a car.

Even according to the cdc there are risks in taking the vaccine. Their website says the vaccine can adversely affect the cranial and peripheral nerves. It says there could be a severe allergic reaction. There seems to be a mountain of anecdotal evidence from doctors like my dh neurologist who say they are getting many more patients complaining of neurological issues.

The point is that if we look it the impact of covid on an age scale it's very clear that younger people are far less likely to experience problems. At some point the risks of taking the vaccine should be considered against the benefits.

Are you saying you consider the vaccine 100% safe and risk free?

amother
White

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 10:36 pm
amother Steel wrote:
So with getting in a car the risk/reward is somewhat clearly defined. We know the fatality totals are miniscule and we understand the benefits of using a car.

Even according to the cdc there are risks in taking the vaccine. Their website says the vaccine can adversely affect the cranial and peripheral nerves. It says there could be a severe allergic reaction. There seems to be a mountain of anecdotal evidence from doctors like my dh neurologist who say they are getting many more patients complaining of neurological issues.

The point is that if we look it the impact of covid on an age scale it's very clear that younger people are far less likely to experience problems. At some point the risks of taking the vaccine should be considered against the benefits.

Are you saying you consider the vaccine 100% safe and risk free?

No I'm not saying that.

I'm trying to understand what you are saying - which is, since there is so little very chance of my kid dying from Covid - I will not take on the risk of taking a vaccine.

Which is incomparable to - although there is risk of death to me and my family every time I get into a car - I consider that risk to be extremely low statistically, especially since we use seatbelts, and driving is actually rewarding.

Gd willing - we all will live to 120, and live in peace with whatever choices we make, with humility, for ourselves and our children.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 11:04 pm
amother White wrote:
No I'm not saying that.

I'm trying to understand what you are saying - which is, since there is so little very chance of my kid dying from Covid - I will not take on the risk of taking a vaccine.

Which is incomparable to - although there is risk of death to me and my family every time I get into a car - I consider that risk to be extremely low statistically, especially since we use seatbelts, and driving is actually rewarding.

Gd willing - we all will live to 120, and live in peace with whatever choices we make, with humility, for ourselves and our children.

Are you taking issue with the fact that in the car example it's risk vs reward and with the covid example it's risk vs risk? Why does it matter?

The point is that the younger a person is the less benefit they'll get from the vaccine. Is there an age where you'd calculate the risk of covid vs the risk of vaccine and say it isn't worth taking the vaccine?
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics