Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Cause for concern?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 4:53 pm
Just watched my 21 month year old put two stuffed animals together and make them kiss on the lips while saying “nom”. He also tries to kiss me on the lips when I ask for a kiss. Is this normal or cause for concern? My husband and I will cuddle in front of him but we definitely don’t make out, though it could be he’s seen us kiss on lips a few times.

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 5:05 pm
My 20-month old likes to kiss his stuffed animals on the mouth/nose What He’s definitely seen DH and me kiss quickly, so maybe he’s just imitating that. Some of his stuffed animals have magnetic noses and come in pairs, like the toy Simba and Nala, so maybe he thinks that nose-to-nose or mouth-to-mouth kissing is what you’re supposed to do. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:33 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
My 20-month old likes to kiss his stuffed animals on the mouth/nose What He’s definitely seen DH and me kiss quickly, so maybe he’s just imitating that. Some of his stuffed animals have magnetic noses and come in pairs, like the toy Simba and Nala, so maybe he thinks that nose-to-nose or mouth-to-mouth kissing is what you’re supposed to do. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Thank you!

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:09 pm
I wouldn’t worry. And I also wouldn’t ask her about it or make a comment.

If you ask her “why do you do that? Who does that? That’s gross, we kiss on cheeks” it’ll become a thing and she’ll do it with more intention.

Many of my kids kissed on lips and they outgrew it by age 3 / 4.
When you kiss her at night say “mommy is giving you a kiss on your cheek” or when she wants to kiss you say “wow! Chani will give mommy a kiss on her cheek…”

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:19 pm
You said you and dh kiss on lips in front of her.
That's where she probably got it from

If you don't do it in front of your kids, they won't know if it or think it's non jewish

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:29 pm
amother Blue wrote:
You said you and dh kiss on lips in front of her.
That's where she probably got it from

If you don't do it in front of your kids, they won't know if it or think it's non jewish

I honestly can’t remember the last time we did this in front of him… likely not for a few months. Ever since he’s started talking we’ve been much more careful about what we do in front of him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics