Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I’m Belz ama….
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:46 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
I'm not in EY and knew what she's referring to because I've seen it. Not among the women though. I have many belz neighbours and the women seem friendly and kind. But I've definitely observed what another slategrey has experienced, and I'm an outsider

Interesting.

I guess the men I'm surrounded with are not that type at all.

This topic never came up.

But I agree many belzers can become very defensive about belz.

amother
Hotpink

I went to belz school as a non-belz'a
It was interesting Wink

amother
Slategray

amother Peach wrote:
Would you marry someone who might come from a family who openly was against your Rebbe becoming Rebbe?

If I came from a broken family and I was 25, Absolutely, Yes! Also, you kight want to review the history, it was the exact other way around.

Cspybe

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:50 pm
amother Peach wrote:
Would you marry someone who might come from a family who openly was against your Rebbe becoming Rebbe?

So this is about bearing a grudge, and carrying it on for future generations?
And if I understood slategrey, she doesn't need you to agree to intermarry (CV!!) But the comment about considering anything but, isn't very nice

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:55 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
If it helps you feel better about it to pretend it's a non issue, then go ahead.
I was asking OP since this is an AMA thread, why this is so and if there's any way for peace? For the record, we are just as Belz as you. Do you think the Frierdika Ruv is proud about this? There's so much love towards bal tshuvas practiced in Belz, maybe they can extend that love to us as well?

I'm not pretending. I was talking about my own experience where I wasn't even aware about this whole thing. Even now I have zero knowledge about this topic. I was addressing the story you wrote about one interaction with one person.

But of course I don't represent the entirety of belz. And course I don't know everything and I could be wrong.

I'm not a heise belzer and don't care who calls themselves what. As you can see I'm not very into these things lol.

I didn't mean to hurt you and I apologize if I did.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:58 pm
Cspybe wrote:
And if I understood slategrey, she doesn't need you to agree to intermarry (CV!!) But the comment about considering anything but, isn't very nice

And like I said before, the boy wasn't even from the chassides, his crime was that his father davened there. The heartbreaking part is that she's still single while the boy I redt is long married.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:00 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I'm not pretending. I was talking about my own experience where I wasn't even aware about this whole thing. Even now I have zero knowledge about this topic. I was addressing the story you wrote about one interaction with one person.

But of course I don't represent the entirety of belz. And course I don't know everything and I could be wrong.

I'm not a heise belzer and don't care who calls themselves what. As you can see I'm not very into these things lol.

I didn't mean to hurt you and I apologize if I did.

No worries. We're good!!
I should probably stop, because I did not want to derail this beautiful thread in a negative way chv.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:00 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
I am belz from London, went to Beis Malka- belz school and we always sang. I never heard of it till now

I stand corrected then. Someone from London once asked me if belz doesn't allow the girls to sing in school as she knows from London and I assumed the that was the case there
(Talking almost 30 yrs ago)

cnc

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:01 pm
What exactly is Machnovke?
I think I saw a shul with a sign that said Belz Machnovke on it but wasn’t aware that it was not just a Belzer shtielbel…

amother
Peach

Cspybe wrote:

this has nothing to do with bearing a grudge. this is about comfort level. that is all.
the comment was not very nice; something half the population is guilty of when they refuse rejections shadchanim offer them.

amother
Pear

I think the Belze pride works for the positive and the negative.
As a satmar person with Belze cousins, none of my satmar siblings would disparage their Rebbe or their chassidus to them, but that respect is not shown the other way around.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:09 pm
cnc wrote:
What exactly is Machnovke?
I think I saw a shul with a sign that said Belz Machnovke on it but wasn’t aware that it was not just a Belzer shtielbel…

In a nutshell: The Belz Machnovka Rebbe is Reb Yeshua Rokeach, he is a Ben Achar Ben grandson from the original Belz Ruv. When Reb Aron of Belz passed away, he didn't leave any children. The chassides ended up splitting between the people who supported the son of the Bilgeraye Ruv who was a bil to the Belz ruv and the other people who said he was too young and also not ben Achar ben from the Belz dynasty. It took them about 20 years until the current Belz Machnovka Rebbe agreed to lead their chassides(the people that didn't agree to the Bilgeraye Ruvs son taking over the chassides)
He wanted to avoid machloikes so he said he will accept the position on the condition he can add the name Machnovka to Belz (a tribute to his uncle, the Machnova Rebbe, a very holy person who did not leave any children)

cnc

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:23 pm
[quote="amother Slategray"]In a nutshell: The Belz Machnovka Rebbe is Reb Yeshua Rokeach, he is a Ben Achar Ben grandson from the original Belz Ruv. When Reb Aron of Belz passed away, he didn't leave any children. The chassides ended up splitting between the people who supported the son of the Bilgeraye Ruv who was a bil to the Belz ruv and the other people who said he was too young and also not ben Achar ben from the Belz dynasty. It took them about 20 years until the current Belz Machnovka Rebbe agreed to lead their chassides(the people that didn't agree to the Bilgeraye Ruvs son taking over the chassides)
He wanted to avoid machloikes so he said he will accept the position on the condition he can add the name Machnovka to Belz (a tribute to his uncle, the Machnova Rebbe, a very holy person who did not leave any children)[/quote

Where does the current Belz Machnovka Rebbe live? Do his chassidim send to Belzer Mosdos?

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:24 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
In a nutshell: The Belz Machnovka Rebbe is Reb Yeshua Rokeach, he is a Ben Achar Ben grandson from the original Belz Ruv. When Reb Aron of Belz passed away, he didn't leave any children. The chassides ended up splitting between the people who supported the son of the Bilgeraye Ruv who was a bil to the Belz ruv and the other people who said he was too young and also not ben Achar ben from the Belz dynasty. It took them about 20 years until the current Belz Machnovka Rebbe agreed to lead their chassides(the people that didn't agree to the Bilgeraye Ruvs son taking over the chassides)
He wanted to avoid machloikes so he said he will accept the position on the condition he can add the name Machnovka to Belz (a tribute to his uncle, the Machnova Rebbe, a very holy person who did not leave any children)

Correction. My son just told me that the Bilgorei rav was a brother, not a brother in law
He's called Rokeach too

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:26 pm
[/quote

Where does the current Belz Machnovka Rebbe live? Do his chassidim send to Belzer Mosdos?[/quote]

In Bnei Brak. They have their own Mosdos in Eretz Yisroel and London, Antwerp but in the USA they only have shteeblech to daven, and no schools.

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:26 pm
[quote="cnc"]
amother Slategray wrote:
He wanted to avoid machloikes so he said he will accept the position on the condition he can add the name Machnovka to Belz (a tribute to his uncle, the Machnova Rebbe, a very holy person who did not leave any children)[/quote

Where does the current Belz Machnovka Rebbe live? Do his chassidim send to Belzer Mosdos?

Bnei braq
Machnovke have their own mosdos

All this is news to me 😁

My son is educating me and wondering what my sudden interest in belz is !

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:38 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
Correction. My son just told me that the Bilgorei rav was a brother, not a brother in law
He's called Rokeach too

Sorry for my mistake. He was actually a half brother. His mother remarried the 3rd Belz Ruv

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:53 pm
[quote="amother Slategray"][/quote

In Belz school Brooklyn there are actually girls "from the other Belz", for those of you who love to stir the pot.

and my niece married a Belzer boy educated in Belzer Mosdos, Brooklyn whose father and grandfather are Machnovke.

For the record.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:56 pm
amother Pear wrote:
I think the Belze pride works for the positive and the negative.
As a satmar person with Belze cousins, none of my satmar siblings would disparage their Rebbe or their chassidus to them, but that respect is not shown the other way around.

I am sorry this is your experiece.
Where I live Belz and Satmar daven in the same shul during the week; the only shul open weekdays.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 2:56 pm
amother Peach wrote:
in Belz, brooklyn there are actually girls from "the other Belz" in my daughters class and beyond...

and my niece married a Belzer boy educated in Belzer Mosdos, Brooklyn whose father and grandfather are Machnovke.

For the record.

Omg! This genuinely makes me so happy to hear! Seems like there is hope! Bh.
I do live in BP and do not know anyone from our chassides that sends to Belz, so this is a very pleasant surprise for me. Kol Hakavod.
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics