Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
2 month old suddenly spitting up all the time

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 5:18 pm
Like all the time. Feels like he's giving back half of what he ate after every time I feed him, pure milk. Then later he'll make some of the cheesy kind.

He's always been a bit of a spitter but this is a sudden change to a LOT of spitting. It's been like 3 days of this with each day feeling more blatant.

He's mostly breastfeeding but gets 1-2 formula bottles a day (one at the babysitter because I don't pump, and then sometimes another one if we're stuck somewhere that would be very hard to nurse.) I'm seeing about the same amount of spitup after nursing or formula. Maybe a little more after nursing? Not a remarkable difference.

He seems fairly happy overall. Kvetchy at night. Wants to nurse a lot. But in between the kvetching, nursing, and sleeping, he seems pretty content, smiles a lot, makes eye contact.

Most of the time he doesn't seem uncomfortable about the spitup. When it's right after eating he sometimes doesn't even seem to notice. Or he'll give a lovely smile and then milk comes pouring out of it. Sometimes it comes with a burp, so he kvetched to burp and then the burp came out white. When it's later after eating and the cheesy type of spit then he makes a face after like it tastes bad. But he doesn't cry or anything indicating that there's a stomachache or acid behind it.

He's pooping more than usual too but seems like a healthy amount and type.

So all in all he seems OK but I can't help worrying about this sudden change (also I'm resentful that he's sucking out all my nutrition and not even using it! Hello!!!)

K thanks for listening. I assume there's nothing to do about this except keep washing laundry. It's weird though.

mom24b

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 5:57 pm
Sounds like acid reflux. It looks an entire feeding was spit out but in reality it’s not much at all. Go to your pediatrician, he will likely give you a liquid prescription for Zantac (it’s like Tums but in liquid form). Don’t put baby to sleep lying down flat, it’s best to put them to sleep sitting up - either in a car seat and stroller (and don’t recline it). More acid comes up when lying flat so it’s best to have them in upright position as much as possible.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 7:16 pm
Sounds like reflux very normal most babies have it. If you put your baby on his back you can elevate his head slightly with a folded blanket under the mattress to help. I had a baby like this too I used to wash the liner of the baby swing multiple times a day!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics