Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Siyata dishmaya/ruach hakodesh

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 12:42 am
So we all know we get siyata dishmaya when naming, how come a few months later my baby's name is still not sitting right with me?

I hardly call by name

agreer

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 1:13 am
The siyata dishmaya is what to name the baby. If you named the baby something, it's because that was what it's supposed to be.

Just because you don't love it doesn't mean there wasn't help from Above.

a2z

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 2:43 am
amother OP wrote:
So we all know we get siyata dishmaya when naming, how come a few months later my baby's name is still not sitting right with me?

I hardly call by name

BTW it's ruach hakodesh
That you get the right name that explains the pnimius of the child

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 5:33 am
You can name your child the wrong name- you have to tap into what the right name should be, not necessarily using a name you've always liked or a family name that you need to use. Each neshamah already has a name. You're just opening yourself up to learning what it is.
That being said, my son's name came to my husband after he was born. I had never considered the name before, I never particularly liked it. It fits him perfectly, but I still (10 months later) look at him and think "huh, do I like that name?" But it doesn't matter- it's his name. It's not about if I like it or not, it isn't about us, it's about what his neshamah's name is.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 5:38 am
amother OP wrote:

I hardly call by name

Is there a different name you want?
Perhaps there is a nickname you want to call your baby that can incorporate part of the given name - first letter, rhyming sound?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 7:25 am
amother Canary wrote:
You can name your child the wrong name- you have to tap into what the right name should be, not necessarily using a name you've always liked or a family name that you need to use. Each neshamah already has a name. You're just opening yourself up to learning what it is.
That being said, my son's name came to my husband after he was born. I had never considered the name before, I never particularly liked it. It fits him perfectly, but I still (10 months later) look at him and think "huh, do I like that name?" But it doesn't matter- it's his name. It's not about if I like it or not, it isn't about us, it's about what his neshamah's name is.

But it's also affecting the way I take care of my baby and my relationship with baby

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 1:53 am
Any more thoughts?

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 1:57 am
amother OP wrote:
[/b]

But it's also affecting the way I take care of my baby and my relationship with baby

Time to work on your emunah that what you named him is supposed to be his name (or her, if a girl).

You named it. It happened. That's the right name.

Don't let the satan/negativity/regret pull you down and manipulate how you treat your baby. YOU are the mom! You made the right decision.

I recommend using the name as much as possible. Call him ten times a day. You'll feel better about it.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 2:18 am
So I checked. If this is such a problem then with ur husbands approval you may ask ur Rav about changing the name.

Last edited by B'Syata D'Shmya on Sun, Oct 22 2023, 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 2:54 am
amother OP wrote:
[/b]

Yes, speak to a Rav about changing the name
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names