Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I live in Gateshead England. AMA
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 5:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Those who didn't grow up in Gateshead but live here now, what du like most about it?

I like the fact that it's a small community. Here we aren't just a nameless face in the crowd but an actual person who makes up the community.

Also, I can get to know so many people because I meet them at school drop off and in Danskys and then in the meat shop and then in Team Valley!

And the shopping here is good! (Not necessarily the Jewish clothing although it's really okay) I love metrocrntre!!

And like you said, house prices are very affordable bh.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:41 pm
I like that you like it, some would call it a chesoron that u meet the same people everywher-they feel they have no privacy. OTOH like u said it's part of belonging.
It's a great way of meking friends, in fact some of my closest friends from after I got married were those I met out & about.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 2:24 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Quote:
You can live your own life in that their are no crazy rules, like u don't have to wear only a white shirt, push a certain type of buggy or be in full time learning to feel a part of town or get your kids into school, yet it's united as a Kehilla. This means that there's a certain level of tznius & technology use and the like which people are expected to adhere to, but there no 'police'.

Are they strict or ontop of things like womens lace tops/having some hair exposed?
Internet at home? Smartphones?

I was in sem there for just over a year but I dont feel like I really got a feel for the place.

I had no family to go to or any place to feel at home.
I mainly stayed in sem.

I feel like Iv only ever heard all this talk about gateshead being a shtetl etc but there are so many different walks of life there.

People are allowed internet but must be filtered. Smartphones, also ok but must be filtered. Most people who have at home need it for Parnosso, but not all. The local JCC have an Internet service.
Personally I don't have a Smartphone, nor do I need/want one. But I've never been told by any Rabanim that I'm not allowed to have one.

I work in a moisad-the staff memo says anyone who owns a smartphone should not bring it to work. That's all, no'police'.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 6:12 pm
amother OP wrote:

I work in a moisad-the staff memo says anyone who owns a smartphone should not bring it to work. That's all, no'police'.

Ok, are we co-workers? Omg!!!

Tell me something about your moised that only someone in the staffroom would know 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈😂😂😂

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 6:45 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Ok, are we co-workers? Omg!!!

Tell me something about your moised that only someone in the staffroom would know 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈😂😂😂

Du think the builders will come back?
Got it? Pretty big hint LOL

CPenzias

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 6:49 pm
My mom went to Gateshead for seminary and still speaks fondly about it. ❤️ she went for 3 years.
She knows so much. When I'm at a shiur and the person starts quoting a passuk my mom whispers the rest lol

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 6:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Du think the builders will come back?
Got it? Pretty big hint LOL

Lol!
We're in different schools.😂😂😂 PHEW!! although would be fab to have a irl imamother friend!
(I went through all the staff and could not figure you out based on what you wrote about yourself!!)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 6:53 pm
CPenzias wrote:
My mom went to Gateshead for seminary and still speaks fondly about it. ❤️ she went for 3 years.
She knows so much. When I'm at a shiur and the person starts quoting a passuk my mom whispers the rest lol

As the saying going 'once a Ghd sem girl always a sem girl!'

CPenzias

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 6:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
As the saying going 'once a Ghd sem girl always a sem girl!'

For real! She's knh 67.
Just made aliya on October 18th. So bittersweet but I'm so happy for her

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 7:00 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Lol!
We're in different schools.😂😂😂 PHEW!! although would be fab to have a irl imamother friend!
(I went through all the staff and could not figure you out based on what you wrote about yourself!!)

Most of what I've written is generic, could've been written by umpteen ladies in town!
And a high percentage of woman work in a moisad, with the same Smartphone rules it seems LOL
I work in the mornings, don't know all the afternoon staff as we rarely overlap, but yeah would've been fun to find we're co-workers!
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics