Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What’s one addition you added/ wud have like to in your home
Previous  1  2  3

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:41 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Wrap around porch- covered
Home office off my bedroom so hubby can be close late in the night
Sun room
Wish I had a jacuzzi in my master bathroom

Wraparound covered porch takes away all the sunlight 😔.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:47 pm
My dream house won’t be over designed!
I find designers fit your house to the exact requirements you want now, sometimes to the detriment of space.
Ie: if you mention to them that maybe you might want to use this room as a third guest room, all of a sudden it needs more privacy, a full bath, etc. when really it’s main purpose is play room….and maybe once a year it will host a third guest after the official guest suite, and secondary guest room are taken…..

And they also don’t leave room for new hobbies etc…
Ie: if you decide you want another spare freezer but it wasn’t designed into the house there’s nowhere to put it, or if you decide you want a treadmill, or have another baby, or decide to get a sewing machine.
Maybe this problem is only in Brooklyn where space is at a premium…but I keep seeing it.

GLUE

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:52 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I find designers fit your house to the exact requirements you want now, sometimes to the detriment of space.
Ie: if you mention to them that maybe you might want to use this room as a third guest room, all of a sudden it needs more privacy, a full bath, etc. when really it’s main purpose is play room….and maybe once a year it will host a third guest after the official guest suite, and secondary guest room are taken…..

And they also don’t leave room for new hobbies etc…
Ie: if you decide you want another spare freezer but it wasn’t designed into the house there’s nowhere to put it, or if you decide you want a treadmill, or have another baby, or decide to get a sewing machine.
Maybe this problem is only in Brooklyn where space is at a premium…but I keep seeing it.

In other words you want a home were the rooms can have a multi purpose. Were the rooms are flexible to change as your family changes.
I have been reading non-Jewish designed books and the big theme in them(the ones I am reading)is to be able to repurpose your house as your family and needs change.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:02 pm
mompower wrote:
Definitely a gym room with an invisible arm that pulls me in and forces me to exercise.

That would be perfect

Only if it can exercise for me while I rest...LOL

An exercise room is really a great investment if you like to exercise alone- some pple prefer social aspect of a gym, We fulfilled a dream and did one when our first got married and had a spare small bedroom. First just a bicycle then a treadmill then weights and other stuff...It meant that if any of us only had 20 minutes, we had what to do...and in the cold winters it was great. We put a stand for laptops.

Also a great closet with room for sheitels instead of leaving them on a dresser in the bedroom..honestly a walk in closet is great.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:12 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I find designers fit your house to the exact requirements you want now, sometimes to the detriment of space..

Then you are dealing with the wrong designers! I do residential and kitchen design professionally, and yes, I like flexibility and give attention to how spaces will be used in the future as well as the present. Alcoves and multi-purpose spaces give you more bang for your buck, and more options as your needs change over time.

As far as the question at hand, I vote for a bedroom and bath on the main floor. Yes, I have that and it was invaluable when my elderly mother a"h came to live us. It now serves as guest room and sample room (for my work).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating