Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
S/O Polly Pockets
Previous  1  2

hello 1

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:06 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
Check the details of what's included and shipping... I eliminated a few other options because they hardly came with any people... but you can search "vintage polly pocket lot" on Ebay or any other site that sells these types of things and see what comes up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16640.....LXwYg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31491.....LXwYg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20451.....LXwYg

Thank you thank you thank you! For taking them time and helping me out with this! Truly appreciate it! I’m going to go through them.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:10 pm
hello 1 wrote:
Thank you thank you thank you! For taking them time and helping me out with this! Truly appreciate it! I’m going to go through them.

Sure, my pleasure.
If you search for others, be aware that some "vintage" lots really show the slightly newer Polly Pockets with the larger figures, they are still old but not as charming and small as these ones. Maybe "Bluebird" was the name of the company for the original ones, I think I saw it come up on some items.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:14 pm
Btw, I’m starting to get skeptical that my order will actually materialize, it was a huge amount of vintage Polly pockets for a very cheap price and after doing more research I see that the seller could have probably gotten 5 times what I bought it for. I wonder if they realized that after I bought, and they will never actually ship… will have to wait and see.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:14 pm
I’m just following to see if the order actually comes 😆
For OP’s sake I hope it does!
Keep us posted!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:36 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
I’m just following to see if the order actually comes 😆
For OP’s sake I hope it does!
Keep us posted!

I will!!

hello 1

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Btw, I’m starting to get skeptical that my order will actually materialize, it was a huge amount of vintage Polly pockets for a very cheap price and after doing more research I see that the seller could have probably gotten 5 times what I bought it for. I wonder if they realized that after I bought, and they will never actually ship… will have to wait and see. I bought it via Etsy so I’m not worried about losing my money, they will refund if it doesn’t ship. I really hope it does because all my research has me OBSESSED with these by now but it’s almost too good to be true!

I hope it comes too!
Keep us posted

hello 1

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:40 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
Sure, my pleasure.
If you search for others, be aware that some "vintage" lots really show the slightly newer Polly Pockets with the larger figures, they are still old but not as charming and small as these ones. Maybe "Bluebird" was the name of the company for the original ones, I think I saw it come up on some items.

Thanks - I’m going to look into it.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 11:15 pm
I love these! I only have boys but I’m also tempted to buy this.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 11:45 pm
I'm wondering- what's the difference between the new polly pockets - tiny version and the old/vintage ones?

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 4:53 am
amother Anemone wrote:
My kids are still young - my oldest is 8 - but I have a few kids ka"h, boys and girls. They like to play with the Playmobil and all the other stuff we have (and we have a lot of toys Smile), but there is something exciting and special about the vintage Polly Pockets, maybe it's because they are so tiny and the houses are so detailed, maybe it's because we don't keep them with all the other toys so they have limited access to them, maybe it's a combination of both...
I'm not saying they play with it longer than the other toys, but to me it seems the Polly Pockets have a certain charm and my kids really enjoy them. Of course, different kids like different stuff, not every kid would necessarily like to play with them...

I've found the same. Ds9 always liked them, too, but dd7, 5, and 3 now really enjoy them! In fact, the other day dd5 had a new friend over and they were pretty bored. I suggested Polly Pockets and they had a ball!

My girls got a couple of new modern ones as a gift recently and they're just not as interesting. Maybe it's the specific sets they got. My girls like homes with babies and these new ones were just a bowling alley and car wash. So more interesting accessories but not so fun for them. Are there new ones with babies and playgrounds and stuff?

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 8:35 am
hello 1 wrote:
Thanks - I’m going to look into it.

did you order any?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 8:48 am
Ok guys it now says that my order has actually shipped. But I’m honestly still suspicious because the original listing said it ships from France and the tracking says the item shipped from Australia… it’s also a store with no reviews lol. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 8:50 am
I’m thinking it’s possible maybe only a few of the pictured sets will arrive. In which case I’ll dispute the sale since the listing never mentions that not all the pictured items are included.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 1:36 pm
Etsy emailed me that the sellers shop just closed and so I may have issues with my order. Definitely suspicious. They reassured me I would be refunded if anything goes wrong. I checked the tracking number again and it certainly seems like SOMETHING has been shipped from Australia and is in transit. What it is, who knows LOL So I’m not placing much hope but we’ll see what ends up arriving, if anything!

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 1:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok guys I’m back with another update. Idk if anyone is actually reading this but I’m super invested as you can tell LOL

Etsy emailed me that the sellers shop just closed and so I may have issues with my order. Definitely suspicious. They reassured me I would be refunded if anything goes wrong. I checked the tracking number again and it certainly seems like SOMETHING has been shipped from Australia and is in transit. What it is, who knows LOL So I’m not placing much hope but we’ll see what ends up arriving, if anything!

Seems suspicious.

Do sellers have access to credit card numbers?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 1:49 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Seems suspicious.

No they have no access to anything like that. Etsy is a safe platform. It seems like this seller uploaded a few Polly pocket listings to his account this week, sold them all that day, and has now shut his account. It’s super suspicious of course. I figured it was too good to be true Smile The collection that I bought for $165 (it was listed at around $320 but had a 50% off coupon, idk if that discount came from the seller or from Etsy) could have actually sold for $1k+.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 1:52 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Seems suspicious.

Just checked and it seems like the seller gets my name and address info….

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 9:49 pm
It was a scam, my item never arrived. I got refunded but am still so disappointed.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 9:53 pm
awwwww (I feel like I’ve been holding my breath)

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 5:15 am
amother OP wrote:
It was a scam, my item never arrived. I got refunded but am still so disappointed.

That’s disappointing! I was also waiting for you to get it!
There’s something bigger and better out there for you Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics