Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What's average hourly pay for P/T job?
Previous  1  2  3

Growing

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 10:01 am
amother Snow wrote:
If you got resumes from 6 frum women, all of whom you prioritized because you want to help them over college aged, non-Jewish prospects, but kept seeing an insulting level of zero effort but then writing that they would be willing to take the job for $40, $48, $50... per hour, you would be frustrated too. I think it's important to take the kid gloves off and be straightforward. If you lack skills, don't demand top dollar. If you don't want to really work but just supplement your income, then don't apply for a serious position. It's insulting to those who want the job and to employers who give you their time and consideration. Perhaps I can be nicer about this as an anonymous woman on a public forum. I feel I'm beyond nice when turning down these women. I don't even bother telling them that they lack the skills to have applied but here, it's a disservice to pretend an employer doesn't care about these things. There is a direct correlation between skills, suitability and salary. My tone is deliberately harsh because it's important to know your worth but not inflate your sense of self to a point where you lose jobs. Be realistic. Be cognizant of who's time you are wasting and put some effort into how you approach a prospective employer. That's the straightest advice I can give. Sorry if my tone triggers anyone but I dont think sugar coating this is helpful.
Also, speaking of kind and caring ways to communicate, telling me to get off my "high horse" was neither kind or caring. I guess it's okay because you didn't like what I had to say but that's my point. If you don't like to hear what an employer has to say, don't ask. Or respond. My advice still has value, even if you don't agree or like it.

Point taken. and definitely, I agree with the bolded above

And you're right re me telling you to get off your high horse - I apologize

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 10:04 am
amother Aconite wrote:
Bumping to ask the going rate for an office job in Monsey (part time). I have many years of experience which likely won't be too relevant in other businesses (as it's specific to the field I'm currently in).
I do have managerial/office manager experience though...

Thank you all!

Take inventory of your skillset

How are you written and verbal communication skills?
Computer skills?
How quickly do you learn?
What is your super skill?

Your work and life experience means you can start off in any position where they are looking for a mature woman with $28-$32 per hour based on industry years in business etc.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 2:59 pm
What about office jobs that are more than secretarial - but not managerial?

Say working in accounts payable or receivable departments?

Could anyone in those fields provide any type of updated pay rates?
If relevant, asking for someone wondering in the Monsey area.

Asking also if anyone could share their office's policy in terms of flexibility when it comes to kids schools having vacation, fast days, erev yom tov, yom tov, chol hamoed etc...

Does your office pay full weekly hours regardless or only pays for actual hours worked?

Asking because was recently told by someone that based on her research its norm for these positions to make around 80K range as salary for 4-5 hours of work a day, no working erev yom tov, yom tov, no fridays, no penalties for days needing to be taken due to kids schedules, vacations etc...which would calculate a super high per hour rate if that gross is divided by actual hours worked.

Trying to get better idea of what is reasonable these days.

TIA
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics