Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sod Haadam
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 11:39 am
I went for it. Just had my first class.
Thank you to all the ladies who described how it would be slow.
I was prepared and was able to enjoy it. I was acutely aware that had I not been warned it would be slow I would have been very uncomfortable.
it went very well.

This is my first class.
I’m also learning about the nurtured heart, a parenting method I learned about here. Thank you so very much.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:33 pm
amother Peony wrote:
its no new chiddushim. its basic concepts that were elemantry to any intuitive mother generations back. its how Hashem created the world. she says so herself when she teaches about targil emun (in her foundation course) which literally translates to an exercise. that what used to be natural to every mother, has to be taught as an 'exercise' because in todays world we lost our natural instincts on how to relate to ourselves, to other ppl, and how to mother our kids
she explains how in both the chassidish and litvish worlds the derech Hashem switched at the same times. the chassidish world went with derech habal shem and in the litvish world they switched from navordak to slabodka. because in navardok it was all about "klopping" and negating the ich-ones self. but the world reached a low point where there was no ich left! so it became all about realizing our greatness and strengths. the innate goodness in every yid.
a big part of her foundation course focuses on that. how the foundation of every yid is good. the bad and negativity we see is just a reaction of the pain the person is in, which is covering up the inner good. so when you focus on the real essense of the person, s/he has a chance to heal, with the knowlege that someoe really believes in them.

this is just a tiny excerpt of her course. but basically its all torah, all basic foundational knowledge. no new fangled modern methods. and I think thats why so many thousands of people take it, love it, and find it life changing. because when its torah, its true, and it works for everyone.

Sounds like the Guttman’s approach. Just they explain the science through Torah . Smile.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 11:20 pm
Does anyone know if they record and put on the site the Q&A? First time taking foundations. I missed the Q&A and I don’t see a recording. Thanks

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 12:09 am
The Q & A should also be posted.

Hatzlacha
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics