Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Sod haadam, is it a approach of chassidus

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 5:51 pm
Hi, im going back and forth on weather to take the course, and I'm wondering if the course is based on chassisc thought, from the demo it sounded like she was teaching tanya. Any who took it has any insight?

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 5:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi, im going back and forth on weather to take the course, and I'm wondering if the course is based on chassisc thought, from the demo it sounded like she was teaching tanya. Any who took it has any insight?

It’s based on a wide variety of sources. Most are not chassidish though, believe it or not
A lot of her sources are from early rishonim like Malbim, tosfos, and rashi, and others are more modern (past century) seforim ranging from chassidish like the nesivos shalom to not chassidish like rav dessler
Her concepts may sound chassidish but they aren’t based on chassidus

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 6:01 pm
amother Brass wrote:
It’s based on a wide variety of sources. Most are not chassidish though, believe it or not
A lot of her sources are from early rishonim like Malbim, tosfos, and rashi, and others are more modern (past century) seforim ranging from chassidish like the nesivos shalom to not chassidish like rav dessler
Her concepts may sound chassidish but they aren’t based on chassidus

Just an fyi - Malbim is not a rishon! He was actually invited to be the Chief Rabbi of New York.

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 6:13 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Just an fyi - Malbim is not a rishon! He was actually invited to be the Chief Rabbi of New York.

Wow I learned something new!! And I’m pretty well versed in historia
I’m actually reframing for a bit lol, but it makes a lot of sense now that I think about the content of his meforash on navi

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 7:15 pm
Not at all chassidish, she brings sources from all over. But I do sometimes hear ideas from Lubavitch speakers/references that are familiar to me only because I heard Rebbetzin Tukachinsky. (And I know you didn't ask... But go for it, I changed so much in a good way as a result of sod haadam)...

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 8:31 pm
I don't know exactly all her sources...she does say where it comes from but I don't listen to that part lol. Just want to tell u this course was life changing for me bh. What a change of a year! And I'm definitely signing up for this year iyh! Good luck op!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 8:33 pm
Rav Dessler learned a lot of chabad chassidus and wrote it in his "non-chassidus" sefer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational