Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I’m Syrian AMA
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 11:39 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I am not from Syria but from
Another ME country my parents where born there and I understand arabic to a 80% I can speak too. my mother almost always speaks in arabic and there is many diferent traditions also every country speaks arabic with diferent accent and diferent grammar so if you see the grandmothers at Shuk speaking arabic you can tell from where they are

True my family is Iraqi and dh is Moroccan, not just the culture but the Arabic is so different , even most Arabs can't understand Moroccans LOL

Even within a country, like people from north of Morocco have different grammars, more Spanish loan words, than from the south there is more Berber/Amazigh influence grammar and loan words....in Iraq some areas pronounce some letters more like Persian etc...

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 2:40 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Would it be more problematic for a Syrian to marry someone whose father isn’t Jewish? Is it allowed at all?

It is not allowed. Syrians will only marry the descending of a convert after 3 generations. So, if you’re a convert, only your great grandchildren will be permitted for marriage in this community.

It is called “The Edict” or “The Edict of 1935” and sometimes “Syrian Takkanah”.

Please understand it is a sensitive issue and it was needed back then. They are good people. Yes, sometimes guer tzedek are hurt, but it is what it is.

This Edict is enforced in the US, Argentina, Panama, Mexico and Brazil.

Im not SY but I respect them. Im from Morocco.

Have a nice one!

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:16 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
True my family is Iraqi and dh is Moroccan, not just the culture but the Arabic is so different , even most Arabs can't understand Moroccans LOL

Even within a country, like people from north of Morocco have different grammars, more Spanish loan words, than from the south there is more Berber/Amazigh influence grammar and loan words....in Iraq some areas pronounce some letters more like Persian etc...

your DH ever been in Morocco? Im planning a trip after the war BzH"
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics