Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Just discovered Modi & laughed out loud 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Previous  1  2

Have you heard Modi before?
Yes  
 73%  [ 144 ]
No  
 23%  [ 46 ]
I've heard him but didn't know who he was  
 3%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 196

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
Who is this Leah Foster everyone keeps mentioning?

A famous comedian, actress and singer.

octopus

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 1:56 pm
I just watched some modi clips. I didn't think he was funny at all. But I usually don't think comedians are funny.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:03 pm
octopus wrote:
I just watched some modi clips. I didn't think he was funny at all. But I usually don't think comedians are funny.

I think it's impossible for comedians to be funny all the time...
He is really funny, especially since he knows about all the different things going on in the frum world...

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:16 pm
Leah Forster was a teacher in a mainstream frum school and a performer. Very famous in the frum world
Modi was never frum and never pretended to be frum
He happens to have picked up on lots of our nuances, which may fool people, but there is a big difference between them which explains why Leah’s coming out really shook us

amother
Peony

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:18 pm
I think he’s very funny and I think he spreads moshiach energy. I also don’t agree with his lifestyle because the Torah forbids it. But I appreciate him holding onto and valuing his Judaism as best as he can. The world has different parts to it. He has different parts to himself. And I see his soul. It’s beautiful and very Jewish.

Also people that are gay struggle alot with living a double life. It’s a great burden to carry. Shame is healed through publicity and acceptance.

I have parts of myself that I don’t agree with:)
Like I wish I kept my word better or was a little more honest. Nobody is perfect and neither is he. At least he’s not a faker.

So I watch him on YouTube. I’m not sure I would pay a ticket to his show. As a protest against a gay lifestyle. Only because I am very observant Jew and the Torah values are my highest value.

As a Jew and a person and a comedian he gets five stars from me.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:20 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
Leah Forster was a teacher in a mainstream frum school and a performer. Very famous in the frum world
He happens to have picked up on lots of our nuances, which may fool people, but there is a big difference between them which explains why Leah’s coming out really shook us

I believe he attended a Jewish day school as a child and may have attended a yeshiva at some point as teen. He comes from a traditional Israeli family. I wouldn't say it's just a matter of picking up nuances. He comes by his knowledge of frum life firsthand.
I wouldn't say Leah is specifically "very" famous....I never really heard of her until the big scandal of that restaurant refusing to host her show. She was well known in certain segments of the frum world, but not universally. After that scandal, then I vaguely recalled having seen an interview of her in Binah magazine that I had only skimmed because I'd had no clue who she was.

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:22 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:

Modi was in one of the agent emes videos.
Acting as a jewish singer. Black hat and jacket.
So he was definitely part of the community

cbsp

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:34 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Modi was in one of the agent emes videos.
Acting as a jewish singer. Black hat and jacket.
So he was definitely part of the community

He was acting as the singer "Rocky Rabinowitz." That doesn't mean that the black hat and jacket was his daily garb...

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:37 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
I wouldn't call excepting gay marriage to a non Jew moving forward.
I also wouldn't say the frum world excepts this. Why do you even think we do?

Where did you read the word “forward”?

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 3:14 pm
cbsp wrote:
He was acting as the singer "Rocky Rabinowitz." That doesn't mean that the black hat and jacket was his daily garb...

I'm saying the fact he was in the video. Obviously the costume was for the character.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 3:26 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
I'm saying the fact he was in the video. Obviously the costume was for the character.

Not sure what you think it means that he was in the video.
Many of their characters are not Jewish or not frum.
It's actually typical Chabad to try to get a Jewish (not yet frum) person to participate in a frum production. I'm not chabad, but that's my perception.
They discovered Norman Nodel- a secular Jewish artist who worked for international Comic companies and brought him in to the frum publishing world.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 6:22 pm
I love Modi in his Yoely videos and find him hilarious. The Yoely humor is clean and upbeat. He uses the character to criticize the absurdity of modern culture (doing Netflix reviews, political parodies, COVID info videos). He also has a very funny send up of Pesach programs that is spot on (not as Yoely but as himself). As Yoely says: Zie B'simcha!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 6:34 pm
I saw him perform twice in person. Love him!!!

amother
DarkRed

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 7:48 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
A famous comedian, actress and singer.

What is she up to nowadays?
Years ago she was really popular but once she showed herself, I feel like she's now unknown

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 8:06 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Enjoy his comedy. In the interest of fairness, because Leah forster was crucified for being lesbian, and also for transparency so you know what media you're consuming, modi is married (openly gay) to a Christian man and says that anyone who judges him for it is the reason moshiach isn't here.

I never heard of him but I give him the award for coming up with the most absurd reason for why mosiach isn't here that I've ever heard. By far.

Unless he means it as a joke to knock the frum world because no one can possibly believe such nonsense.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 8:39 pm
I used to enjoy modi. Then I watched an interview with him where he said he wants to normalize men being gay in the frum community so that the next time a boy comes out to his parents they'll celebrate instead of being sad. He called this moshiach energy.

Around the same time he opened up about being married to a man 25 years his junior who's a practicing Catholic.

So, yeah, I'm done with him, I don't care how funny.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 11:40 pm
https://youtube.com/shorts/XTh.....X2Cw1
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics