Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Which present do YOU want
Previous  1  2

amother
Melon

Post Sat, Dec 09 2023, 10:39 pm
We have this problem every year with buying gifts for my in laws. They have everything they need and if they wanted something they can BH afford it. So instead we try to gift something they cannot purchase. Homemade photo frames with pictures of the kids, something with their handprints on it... ie something from the grandchildren.

LisaS

Post Sat, Dec 09 2023, 10:42 pm
I can't think of any material gift that I want my kids to get me.

I would love my kids to spend a Shabbos all together without us. Or a weekday fun outing that I don't have to plan or help with in any way.

I'd also like them to surprise me by organizing a room, putting up curtains, or doing something nice for the home. Even if I pay for it, if they take the time and initiative it would be a great gift.

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 4:34 am
Got out to eat in Manhattan, stay the night at a local hotel.

Married over 20 years and never went to the city to eat. Dh refuses, since he works in the city, he doesn't have any interest in spending more time there.

I wanted to do the Vessel with dh, I was very upset when they closed down. Dh then told me that he has done it already, since he works nearby Crying
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics