Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Who goes to PTA? Poll

Who goes to pta for your son's rebbi?
Dh and I  
 51%  [ 85 ]
Just dh  
 28%  [ 47 ]
Just me  
 18%  [ 31 ]
Neither of us  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 165

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:12 pm
See poll. This is for elementary and preschool boys

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:18 pm
Hebrew either both of us or just dh. I don't want to go alone to a rebbe. English I go myself. DD PTA I go myself.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:22 pm
Both of us go. Once my husband was out of town so I went myself . But that was for my high school son. Not elementary.

Arep

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:24 pm
DH only for boys, only me for girls...

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:41 pm
I couldn't answer the poll...I go to morahs/English teachers and dh goes to rebbeim

We would love to both go, but it's too hard to find babysitters and our kids are still young. IY"H when the oldest can babysit we will both go

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:45 pm
I put both of us, because that's what we try for. Realistically, sometimes dh makes it home for them and sometimes he doesn't. I'm getting a babysitter either way because I don't know. At our school, I see all the above combinations. If the biy is old enough that he's doing his chazarah with his father and doing material I don't get the subtleties of, I will call dh in from wherever he is.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:49 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
I put both of us, because that's what we try for. Realistically, sometimes dh makes it home for them and sometimes he doesn't. I'm getting a babysitter either way because I don't know. At our school, I see all the above combinations. If the biy is old enough that he's doing his chazarah with his father and doing material I don't get the subtleties of, I will call dh in from wherever he is.

Same here.
Girls I go by myself usually.
Boys if he's available he comes with me, if he's not I usually call him on the phone when I get to the rebbi so he can hear what rebbi says directly and participate.

Someone just told me her husband explained to her(2nd marriage and she didn't have kids so first time PTA goer) PTA in yeshivish circles is "date night!" LOL

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:54 pm
Ours are still on zoom!
So we both usually “attend”.
If it was in person I’d go and he’d stay home with the kids.

hodeez

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 10:56 pm
Just me

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 11:02 pm
Usually dh, but last time he was sick, so I went.

bsy

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 11:06 pm
For girls and preschool boys, just me. Once there is a rebbi, both of us

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 11:13 pm
Only me but high school and older my husband has phone conversations with the rabbeim every once in a while, not the official conferences.
I haven't had a middle school son in a long time to remember that stage.
Elementary only I attend but my husband does chazara and can easily figure out how my kid is doing on an academic level.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 11:15 pm
We have girls as big as high school, but boys only in preschool still so this may eventually change. At this point, we usually have a meet the teachers night and then at least 2 parent teacher conference nights per child each year. We try to each go to at least one event per child so that we both get to meet all the teachers at some point. We don't go together because then we'd need to get a babysitter and it's usually for such a short time at a really inconvenient time and no one is interested in babysitting.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it now - the only good thing that came out of covid is zoom parent teacher conferences. Our oldest is in high school and they're still doing that and it's just so much easier. We can both jump onto the zoom while still having a family dinner and getting the kids to bed.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 11:30 pm
Only have girls, so I didn’t vote. We both went-nursery through graduating HS. I have a small family and my parents were always happy to babysit when we went, so maybe I have more availability than others.
I felt that being said, I had that availability -it was important to show my girls AND their teachers how important they are and their schooling/education is to both of us.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 10:44 am
Oops, I voted before I read that this is for elementary. Usually just I go for elementary. For middle school we both try to go. But this is because my middle schooler is a lot more complicated. BH I know the elementary rebbi won't have anything major to bring up as my elementary boy is a much stronger student.

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 10:49 am
For my Nursery girl only me and I assume next year in elementary school also just me. Even nursery boys the mother goes herself most of the time.

For the boys grade 1-7 we both go. I think its important for both parents to be there and for me at least, my oldest tends to unload on me more in regards to his social life and whatever drama is going on in his class so I cant see not going.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 10:54 am
We both go for boys and girls, unless one if us is sick or has a totally unavoidable conflict, which is very rare.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:12 am
Our school never stopped doing them over zoom, so no longer have concerns about childcare. Dh and I both go. I have a learning background myself, so I understand everything just fine. I even do chazarah with my boys when dh is not available to do it. I understand if I didn't have that background then conferences with rebbeim would perhaps be something I'd leave to dh.

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:55 am
Some of the posters are saying you go to English teachers yourself. Do you have separate nights for kodesh and chol subjects?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children