Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Brilliant scam - beware

soz85

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 4:45 pm
I just got this email and thought it was real. I looked it up in google and its a new scam going round.

Martin Paisner
Senior Partner, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP.

I wrote you 2 emails a few weeks back,and up till now I am yet to receive your response.May be the email was not delivered to your email address.Please view the email below and get back to me A.S.A.P.You can visit my website on www.blplaw.com .number :+( 44) 792-402-0867-(Mobile)

Waiting to receive your response.
========================================

Martin Paisner
Partner, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP..
UNITED KINGDOM
http://www.blplaw.com/

RE: ESTATE OF DR.MAURICE WOHL

Going through our records,it came to our knowledge that the great philanthropist, Late Dr. Maurice Wohl, made a random selection of individuals (via people search directories drawn from 250 Countries on the internet index,who he expects to continue in line with his selfless services to humanity. It is on this note that,I Martin Paisner (HIS ATTORNEY),was assigned to contact you as the Executors of the Estate of Late Dr. Maurice Wohl. I once again try to notify you as my earlier emails were returned undelivered.

For more details about Dr. Maurice Wohl, please visit this page at

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/s......html

I wish to notify you that Late Maurice Wohl made you a beneficiary to his funds.He left a deposit of three million, two hundred and fifty thousand pounds (3,250,000.00) for you in a highly confidential account with HSBC Bank.

Until his death,Late Dr. Maurice Wohl made a Commander of the British Empire (CBE),was a self-made real estate magnate, and was known worldwide for his generosity. He was the president of the Jerusalem Great Synagogue, and also a benefactor of Bar-Ilan University,Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem and Ichilov Hospital in Tel Aviv, as well as many other Israeli institutions. He is a very dedicated Jew who loved to be involved in charitable projects not because it gave him prestige and fame but because it was the right thing to do. Helping to alleviate the sufferings of a lot of people and families that needed the support and assistance was his aim.He thus earned numerous Humanitarian awards during his lifetime for his great philanthropy.

In July 2 2007, Dr. Maurice Wohl died at the age of 83 years. His wife died 2years earlier in 2005. They were childless. According to his last wishes, his money is to support your humanitarian activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society. These funds are now ready for execution.Please if I reach you this time as I am hopeful,endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.By replying to this e-mail,you will have to update the form below which must be sent to my email below and immediately call me to notify me of the receipt of this email. This would allow me to begin all necessary processes.

1. Full Name:
2. Complete Physical/Mailing Address:
3. Nationality:
4. Date of Birth:
5. relations:
6. Occupation:
7. Phone/Fax:

Get back to me as soon as you read this e-mail so that we can proceed further with remittance to you. My direct email address & telephone number are included below. Please also note that you can also reject the offer and the funds would be donated to a charity organization of our choice. If this is your preferred option, I would send you the REJECTION FORM to enable us conclude this issue.Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,

Martin Paisner
Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP.
Mob: + (44) 792-402-0867
Email: martin.paisner@blplaws.com
My website: http://www.blplaw.com/

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 5:17 pm
why would you ever think it to be true ... do you know the guy ... NOPE ... not even people who know you will shell out money for you in their Last Will & Testament ... let alone some random nobody in the united kingdom ... shock Confused

peach

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 5:24 pm
I get lots of these, they're a typical scam.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 5:33 pm
This is not a brilliant scam, this is a regular scam.

I suggest you visit: www.scamwarners.com

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 8:37 pm
Of course it's a scam. Anything that sounds too good to be true generally is.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 8:39 pm
I get so many of these daily, taht I don't even open them anymore. all us naive ones need to learn how to be skeptical.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 11:59 am
How the heck is this scam brilliant? If I got this emailed to me I'd delete it after scanning the first few lines. Doesn't a lawyer usually contact you if someone leaves one an inheritance?????

anon

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 1:04 pm
Just out of curiousity, how does it help scammers to have basic info like a name, address, occupation, etc. Not that I would want to give out information like that anyway, but what can scammers do with it? It doesn't ask for SS# or things like that.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 2:40 pm
I once got a letter offering to send me money to take care of british orphans - cause their family was scandalous and merely wanted the inheritance ... them british prats thought they had me ... Nervous

MrsLeo

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 4:50 pm
Speaking of scams, I got an email a couple days ago that looked like it was from Paypal that said that there was an issue with my paypal account and to prevent fraud I need to sign into my account and verify my information and it gave me a link to a fake paypal site. I was ready to sign in but firefox has a fraud protection thing that popped up and said that this is a fraudulent site.

GAMZu

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 5:20 pm
MrsLeo wrote:
Speaking of scams, I got an email a couple days ago that looked like it was from Paypal that said that there was an issue with my paypal account and to prevent fraud I need to sign into my account and verify my information and it gave me a link to a fake paypal site. I was ready to sign in but firefox has a fraud protection thing that popped up and said that this is a fraudulent site.
Yeah, I heard it happened to someone else, too.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 6:55 pm
I get those paypal emails constantly. I also used to get emails from Citibank. When in doubt, call the place that supposedly sent the email.

cassandra

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 7:15 pm
Paypal has a link on their site where you can link to your e-mail and they will tell you if it's valid or not. It also helps them to try and stop it from happening in the first place.

freidasima

Post Sat, Aug 09 2008, 4:20 pm
There is also a new virus going around facebook these days saying that a friend of yours on facebook sent you a message that you were caught on a hidden camera and press some new download to see it.

DONT DO IT>

bubby

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 5:19 pm
Oh, I just got a doozy from the Sir John Cass Foundation (they do exist, I googled them.) I wrote back saying I wanted details of the $200,000 GRANT that was waiting for me but if they wanted my ss# or bank details I'd know it is a scam & I'll report it to the relevant authorities (DH is in a related field so he can help me.)

I also said if I DON'T get a reply I'll report them. Mean, aren't I?? Twisted Evil Keep you posted!!

bubby

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 5:20 pm
Green...not all Brits are "prats"...some of my best SIL are Brits!!

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 5:32 pm
well ... bubby ... I never said I didn't like the brits ... after all I believe my last gilgul was a brit ... Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics