Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I watched a movie and can't stop thinking
Previous  1  2

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 1:14 am
OP Im someone that watches movies. The movies that you watched are dirty movies -I also saw them advertised on insta as smut

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 1:32 am
If I put a wax apple on your plate, it would look really pretty, but if you ate it, you would throw up. The actors in that movie are like the wax apple. They are pretending, surrounded by crowds of crew, in heavy makeup, and heavily edited too. It is entirely unreal.

Guard your eyes and brain.

I'm BT. Was raised secular, became frum later in life. So I know what I'm talking about when I caution you.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Tue, Dec 26 2023, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 1:40 am
amother Sienna wrote:
OP Im someone that watches movies. The movies that you watched are dirty movies -I also saw them advertised on insta as smut

Uch. I'm so upset at myself. How do I stop these ads from coming up on my Instagram account. The ads are too good..

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 1:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Uch. I'm so upset at myself. How do I stop these ads from coming up on my Instagram account. The ads are too good..

I don't know, but someone will tell you.

It might be good to cancel Instagram entirely.

If someone has something to say to you, they can phone or text.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 1:54 am
If it's an add you can click towards the top and choose hide ad, it will ask you why and based on your answer will stop putting them in your fees

DrMom

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 4:28 am
amother Sienna wrote:

Are you sure?

I have never heard of these movies, but the names sound like made-for-TV rom-coms, not anything off-color/p*rnographic.

Also, OP didn't say anything about nudity; she just said that she liked the male lead's "demeanor."

And IMDB lists the titles OP mentioned as "made-for-TV miniseries." Granted, a lot of what can be viewed on TV is not modest, but there is a big gap between TV-appropriate content and p*rnography.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 4:37 am
amother Sienna wrote:

What is smut?

DrMom

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 4:37 am
amother OP wrote:
It's true what you're saying that when being intimate or kissed, it should be with someone who really loves you, and is committed. But by mom Jewish ppl, it's very common to be intimate with even those that are not committed to u, or love u. What's the whole thing with a harlot? Even just boy friends and girl friends, they have multiple ones.

OP, these are ACTORS. What you saw was not their real lives.

They are not harlots -- they are not actually having relations on screen. They are actors being filmed while reciting pre-scripted lines and directed and filmed by a crew of dozens of people just out of camera range. They get paid to do this.

Just like in action films, the bad guy does not really die; he is just an actor. He and the guy who plays the hero don't really hate each other, and the male and female lead in the film you saw aren't really in love and didn't actually have relations.

essie14

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 5:15 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm just wondering, how is it that they have nothing with each other afterwards? Hey, they're non jews, they can be with whoever they would like, and have fun with them as well. How do u kiss someone so much , be together in soo many intimate settings and then not have anything? I'm attracted when watching them, how can they not?

You are watching a perfectly lit scene, spliced together from multiple takes, edited, airbrushed, etc.
What they're doing is not private - they're being watched by a whole crew of people - directors, assistants, lighting people, sound techs, etc.
The actors often describe it as choreography. They're told exactly how to lay, how the sheet should be draped. Exactly how his hand should be touching her neck , the kissing is usually filmed from different angles to look like it's a deeper kiss than it actually is.
One kiss could take half a day to film. It could actually be a series of tiny kisses spliced together.
The director is constantly yelling "cut!" on a movie set.

Unless there's actual full nudity, they're covered up under the sheets.

There's really nothing sèxy about the process.

This is quite informative
http://tinyurl.com/Scene12344

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 5:47 am
Why are you on insta? Just delete it.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:55 am
OP why are you doing this to your sheltered BY mind?? How is this good for you or your marriage?
This is one reason why Instagram is bad and discouraged. What do you gain from insta besides contaminating your mind and destroying your purity? I am so sad for you.

(Plenty of other reasons to get off instagram as well but this is a big one)

Beautiful

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:16 am
I stumbled across this link and thought of you, OP. I hope it helps you fight.

https://chabad.org/lxbxdn

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:25 am
Im fascinated by this thread, as someone who watched and watches movies my whole life. It’s definitely interesting to see someone discover a whole new world
OP, I have no idea what those movies are, but they’re obviously not clean movies. They’re not real, the actors and actresses are doing their job. Look up what an intimacy coordinator does on a movie set, and you’ll see just how much this is just a job. Nothing personal
Also, as someone who watches even R rated movies, Instagram and social media are way worse for your mind!! Get rid of them!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 11:11 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
OP why are you doing this to your sheltered BY mind?? How is this good for you or your marriage?
This is one reason why Instagram is bad and discouraged. What do you gain from insta besides contaminating your mind and destroying your purity? I am so sad for you.

(Plenty of other reasons to get off instagram as well but this is a big one)

Instagram is bad, I agree. But I do havta say that I did gain alot from it. For starters, when I built my house, I followed many designers, kitchen companies etc and it gave me great ideas. I also follow many health related advice, positive quotes and affirmation's etc, so it's hard to disconnect from Instagram.

Phoebe31

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 11:37 am
amother OP wrote:
It's true what you're saying that when being intimate or kissed, it should be with someone who really loves you, and is committed. But by mom Jewish ppl, it's very common to be intimate with even those that are not committed to u, or love u. What's the whole thing with a harlot? Even just boy friends and girl friends, they have multiple ones.

I just want to comment on this part that you wrote, it is untrue, even in the secular world, if someone is in a committed relationship, it is NOT normal to be intimate with others. It is considered cheating just like it would be in the frum world.

GrowingUp

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:00 pm
amother OP wrote:

Delete the app and log in to Instagram on your browser. There are ads, but way way less.

singleagain

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:02 pm
You can also click on the three dots and say block ad

GrowingUp

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Instagram is bad, I agree. But I do havta say that I did gain alot from it. For starters, when I built my house, I followed many designers, kitchen companies etc and it gave me great ideas. I also follow many health related advice, positive quotes and affirmation's etc, so it's hard to disconnect from Instagram.

You can try using Pinterest for these. Especially for interior design.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 3:37 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
I found it . You can start from 1:30.
https://youtu.be/VkByKDqKt1c?s.....9XiDG

fmt4

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 4:00 pm
Lol these are not real movies. They're silly clips with d list actors. It's like cheesy romance novels for Instagram .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics