Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Acrylic Benchers for Chasunah

Matisse

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:23 pm
Does anyone know where I can order acrylic benchers for our son's wedding? Any other ideas for something similar? Thanks so much!

amother
Thistle

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 11:21 pm
What's an acrylic bencher? Do you mean those laminated sheets?

Matisse

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 11:27 pm
These are printed on pieces of acrylic/lucite and can stand up on their own or can be displayed in an acrylic/lucite box.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 11:56 pm
https://waterdalecollection.co.....-card

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 12:23 am
Wow that’s quite the high standards. They are lovely. Not sure they could put an emblem/name and date on each one as I am not sure how or where it would fit. Maybe you could get a matching set of 10 for each guest and put the insignia on the box.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:13 am
Reach out to Feldart! They made benchers for a relatives bar mitzvah that were beautiful

amf

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:32 am
They have them on ali, I think it was last week when someone linked them

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:53 am
Are they for individual guests to take home? Who would want to bring one home?
Unless the chosson kallah take them hoke?

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 2:21 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
Wow that’s quite the high standards. They are lovely. Not sure they could put an emblem/name and date on each one as I am not sure how or where it would fit. Maybe you could get a matching set of 10 for each guest and put the insignia on the box.

10 for each guest?? Why?

OP -- do you mean an acrylic bencher or an acrylic bencher holder (like a box)?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 2:59 am
DrMom wrote:
10 for each guest?? Why?

OP -- do you mean an acrylic bencher or an acrylic bencher holder (like a box)?

Because it is such a high standard that I just thought it would be lovely.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 7:31 am
Checkout Ali express . https://www.aliexpress.us/item.....69%21

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 7:43 am
Ali has them and I believe waterdale also can put personalization on them.

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:31 am
Just FYI....our daughter's wedding had them, the chosson's side got them from Ali. The print is so small you can barely see it, and you have to hold it against something white to actually read it. We would have liked bentchers so much more (we ordered some on our own for Shabbos Sheva Brachos, because we wanted zemiros...)

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 10:35 am
Huge huge huge waste of money. They go for around $50 for a set of 6. I have enough benchers, thank you, and no longer take them home from simchas, but even if I still did, I wouldn't want a slab of plastic. The print is small and if they're like all the other trendy Lucite Judaica like Asher Yatzar plaques and Eishet Chayil plaques, there's very little contrast, so they're very hard to read. Useless for older people and not very useful for younger one, either. And now you have shaimos that won't even deteriorate after burial.

If you have that much money to throw around, donate to a hachnossas kallah organization.

Matisse

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 10:31 pm
Thank you for your replies. We didn't realize the cost and are considering them for Sheva Brachas instead. I assumed that someone might have a cheaper version. As a BT with a background in art, I was looking for something unique:) We are making our 2nd Lakewood wedding - I've heard that guests don't really even take benchers home with them anymore. At our older son's chasunah, we left the benchers in the trunk of his car (at the hotel!) and the benchers weren't even used until sheva brachas! What types of benchers are common at chasunahs now? Thanks so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics