Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Your favorite snack when in Israel
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:29 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Schlep popcorn to America sounds like a total joke to me LOL
On the more serious side I *just don't get it* into my head why on earth people would BUY ready made popcorn when one can prepare it in a pot within a few minutes. Sorry ladies but the world 'lazy' crosses my mind.
Guess I'm too old to simply get it

I assume it's just like any other prepared food that you buy.

If you are out and about and want some popcorn, it makes sense to buy a bag rather than running back to your apartment to make some.

gold2

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:45 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Marzipan and dairy rugelach must be in some specialty store or cafe. I've never seen them sold in regular bakeries.

Actually in Nougatine they sell almond danishes which are really marzipan danishes and then butter small chocolate rogelach which are a small version of authentic milky french chocolate croissants so we have both!

AllThings

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:19 pm
the slush style iced coffee
Magnums

Busybee5

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 3:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's yummy, I have them in my freezer right now, we bought them at Yesh. I've seen them in big supermarkets.

So happy that they're still around! I'm not sure when I'll be coming next but I'm getting one of those straight after arriving Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 5:54 am
amother Plum wrote:
She doesnt mean rugelach made from marzipan. She means the Marzipan bakery rugelach - they're the best! I believe they sell them in ben yehuda but its been a while

For those who don't know, Google Marzipan bakery is a tourist destination as they have the best and most popular Rugelach. It's so sought after that it is now being shipped to the USA, Europe, Canada & more, for craving mothers, to stand out & unique touch to a simcha or Yom Tov. Just Google Marzipan Rugelach.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:45 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
I live in Israel, but when certain family members come to visit I always make sure to have a stock of milkies in the fridge.

Same by us. Everyone likes cold, fresh Milky with breakfast. Its something they cannot take along in the suitcase so it stays as a special treat when they come to Israel. It always fascinating to me to see what people stock up on to take home and its unique & different for everyone.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 12:21 am
In Mamilla, in the inside part, on the first floor under SuperPharm, is a small store that has AMAZING rugalach!!!! (I think they sell pizza and coffee too). Get there early before they run out.

realeez

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 1:37 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Marzipan and dairy rugelach must be in some specialty store or cafe. I've never seen them sold in regular bakeries.

The Challat Habayit in the RBSA mercaz sells the packaged ones.

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 2:08 pm
My daughter is sitting here reading this over my shoulder with me. We live in Israel currently, but she wants to put a plug for Shalom Felafel!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:49 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
My daughter is sitting here reading this over my shoulder with me. We live in Israel currently, but she wants to put a plug for Shalom Felafel!

She is so sweet. Where are they located and what is her favorite menu item. I see girls stop into falafel shops in their way home from school. Great idea! It's cheap and filling.

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 11:02 pm
I dream about the passion fruit & lychee la frutta sorbet pops.
Do they still make them? The last time I was in Israel I couldn't find them anywhere but it's possible it was because it wasn't summer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 11:16 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I dream about the passion fruit & lychee la frutta sorbet pops.
Do they still make them? The last time I was in Israel I couldn't find them anywhere but it's possible it was because it wasn't summer.

I'll check in the supermarket freezers Very Happy

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:42 am
Hi. A little off topic, but Im in Israel right now for a wedding. I have 1 day free. Haven't been here in many years. Before I leave, is there any restaurant or special food that is a must try? I'm in yerushalayim.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:52 am
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Hi. A little off topic, but Im in Israel right now for a wedding. I have 1 day free. Haven't been here in many years. Before I leave, is there any restaurant or special food that is a must try? I'm in yerushalayim.

You'll probably get me responses if you start your own thread

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:00 am

I would go to machane Yehuda and do a food tour where you get to sample a multitude of local delights. Go with someone who knows their way around or book an organised tour.

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:39 am

Cafe Rimon (dairy) in Mamilla mall
Cafe Rimon (fleishigs) Ben Yehuda street

etky

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:51 am

We barely go out these days but there is a public FB group called Restaurant Club Jerusalem which has tons of current information about the food scene in Jerusalem.
If you have access to FB that's where you should look.

etky

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:52 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
Cafe Rimon (dairy) in Mamilla mall
Cafe Rimon (fleishigs) Ben Yehuda street

What is special about Cafe Rimon?

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 3:07 am
Sabich

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 3:48 am
etky wrote:
What is special about Cafe Rimon?

It's nice, but I wouldn't have called it anything out if the ordinary.

Maybe she likes the atmosphere, watching Israeli life on Ben Yehuda, or the views of the Old City from Mamilla.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions