Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Funny (or not so funny) things we do
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 11:57 am
I once had a Friday night mikvah during the winter. It was a rush to get all the cooking and mikvah preps done in time, but I did it and off to the mikvah I went. We made kiddush, washed and ate the first course. I then went to take the main out of the oven only to discover my beautiful roast chicken and potatoes was completely raw. I must have forgotten to switch the oven on and in the mad rush to get ready forgot to set the oven before shabbos. I still don't get how noone noticed that we couldn't smell the roasting chicken What

bebrave

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 12:20 pm
Mindfully wrote:
I carefully do things like that

Are you mindfully careful or carefully mindful? 😀

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 12:43 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
I was once out with my one year old and one month old. By the time we got home, both were screaming. In my stressed, overwhelmed state I placed the one month old on the floor with a bottle and picked up the one year old to nurse. It took me a good few seconds to figure out why both were still screaming.

I had that with my twins once. I woke up in the middle of the night to one of them screaming. I rolled over to nurse them, but they didn't stop screaming! Finally DH woke me up to tell me that I was nursing a sleeping baby.

chayarg

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 4:18 pm
How come no one has mentioned walking outside without realising their skirt is Very Happy tucked into their tights?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 4:30 pm
Once I meant to text dh that I'm going to the mikvah and accidentally texted teenage ds

bebrave

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 4:35 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
Once I meant to text dh that I'm going to the mikvah and accidentally texted teenage ds

Oops! What was her response

Itsallfromhim

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 4:46 pm
I sat into the car in a huff sharing the rude interaction I had with someone (and being a total brat) when a soft male voice said
‘Do I know you?’

No. No you don’t. You just have the same car ad my husband.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 5:32 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
I once took a bag with me that contained an incredibly smelly diaper and intended to toss it in the dumpster on the way to the bus. When I got on the bus, I was feeling so embarrassed/annoyed for the poor mom who's baby had such a foul smelling diaper...until I realized that the bag was still hanging on my stroller🙈

Reminds me, when I was young I got ready for shabbas super early, and I went out on the porch to lounge around. My neighbors cholent smelled like it was burning, and secretly felt good about it. Here I was 11:00 all ready and my neighbor couldn't collect herself...

The smell became so bad that I had to go inside, couldn't enjoy the fresh air anymore. and yes, I opened my door and my entire kitchen was full of smoke. It was my cholent burning;-(

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:08 pm
I was new at a job and was pretty bored. My sister asked me if I could help her find clips on Aliexpress for her daughter's hair. I opened Aliexpress and copied, pasted, copied pasted, copied, and pasted a ton of links. She replied: Is this for me? So I answered: No duh, it's for Chaya.

And then I realized. I chatted my brand-new Boss. I still blush deep crimson when I think of it.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:09 pm
I handed the babysitter my work bag instead of my kid's backpack.
She was wondering what a one-year-old could do with my laptop and salad.

GoldenOra

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:09 pm
Last night I went for ice cream with dh really late. We were a bit overtired and I was talking animatedly we didn’t realise we left the store without our ice cream. I came back a few minutes later pretty embarrassed and took it.
Today I went out for pizza and completely left the store without paying. Went back a few minutes later again super embarrassed!

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:21 pm
bebrave wrote:
Oops! What was her response

It was a WhatsApp so I deleted it hoping ds didn't see it. It wasn't marked read, but that just means he didn't click on it. He told me that I deleted a whatapp. I told him I sent it to him by mistake and deleted it. I asked if he read it and he said no. When I came back from the mikvah, he told me that he knows where I went. I played dumb and eventually he dropped it.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 6:23 pm
Anyone know the Mario Badesku pink cream? https://www.mariobadescu.com/p.....otion
So yeah, I arrived to work one day, after riding on public transportation with people I know, with that cream highlighting every zit I had (or thought I had).

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:34 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
My DH brought home a delicious lunch for me and left it on the counter… my cleaning lady thought it was for her and took it

Omg I had similar. My husband texted me that he’s running late for a meeting if I could prepare breakfast for him. I lovingly prepared his favorite food and Lo and behold cleaning lady sits down to it . My blood is still boiling . Was pretty recent

salt

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:52 pm
chayarg wrote:
How come no one has mentioned walking outside without realising their skirt is Very Happy tucked into their tights?

I once pointed out to a sweet elderly lady at the grocery store who had this, that her skirt needs to be straightened from behind. Poor lady she was so embarrassed, but I think grateful.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:55 am
amother Marigold wrote:
I went to a wedding on the wrong evening.

I hope it was down the block from you and not a 4-hour trip away.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:56 am
Itsallfromhim wrote:
I sat into the car in a huff sharing the rude interaction I had with someone (and being a total brat) when a soft male voice said
‘Do I know you?’

No. No you don’t. You just have the same car ad my husband.

This is definitely a winner!

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 2:33 am
salt wrote:
I once pointed out to a sweet elderly lady at the grocery store who had this, that her skirt needs to be straightened from behind. Poor lady she was so embarrassed, but I think grateful.

This happened to me once. I used a public bathroom somewhere, and when I came out I saw the Ethopian cleaning ladies looking at me and clearly speaking about me in their language. I obviously couldn't understand what they were saying and it was making me nervous, but eventually one of them came over to me and pointed to my skirt, which was tucked into the back of my tights. I was a bit embarrassed but so grateful. Since then every time I come out of the bathroom I double and triple check my skirt.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 3:32 pm
We really need to keep this thread going cuz laughter is the best medicine.

And while I sometimes twist and turn for hours on end because Dear Brain makes it his business to remind me of every mortifying thing I ever did in my lifetime, I cannot remember a single thing at the moment.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 6:10 pm
I had to share my screen during a meeting and it opens to the cookie recipe I was in middle of making. Then it froze on me…
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics