Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Yehuda! Singer from the 90s
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:44 pm
We loved yehudah! I also loved Ira Heller! Anyone here remember him?!?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:48 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:

Omg. I love Ira! Saw him live at Ohel concert 5758. His song about his daughter was so beautiful.

miami85

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:55 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I feel like Gabay and Pruzansky were easily 2000s but Yehuda! was more in the 90s, as Mendy Wald and Shlomie Dachs started coming on the scene

Generations of Song came out 2004-ish. Yehuda! was 18 when he started in the 90s

miami85

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:56 pm
singleagain wrote:
Omg. I love Ira! Saw him live at Ohel concert 5758. His song about his daughter was so beautiful.

He's another performer who was big and then disappeared. My in-laws weren't frum but strong Jewish identity and when we first took ownership of their car, they had an Ira Heller tape in it.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:01 pm
miami85 wrote:
He's another performer who was big and then disappeared. My in-laws weren't frum but strong Jewish identity and when we first took ownership of their car, they had an Ira Heller tape in it.

Singing was his side gig... I think he's a lawyer in real life

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:06 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
One of my teachers was obsessed with the song haben yakir li. Random tidbit that I remember from the year 1998 LOL

Omg. Same year, teacher was also obsessed. Then she got engaged...and maybe the chossons name was Ephraim? Or maybe we just put his name in and sang it for her nonstop? Lol I don't remember but booooy did you give me a blast from the past.

Princess23

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
There used to be a singer who went by the name Yehuda! He had some really nice songs, like Higher and Higher and Gut fun Avrohom.
I haven't heard of him in a long while. Anyone heard of him? Or know if he put out anything recently? Or has he left the Jewish music scene?

I think he left. But, you can still hear his stuff on Spotify and I’m sure other places as well.

Princess23

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:13 pm
miami85 wrote:
Generations of Song came out 2004-ish. Yehuda! was 18 when he started in the 90s

That’s incredible so he may only be like in his 40s, even tho he seems closer to 70 lol.

Princess23

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:16 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:

I don’t know ira, only yehuda and I still occasionally listen to yehuda. The other band that’s really old that I occasionally listen to is solid gold.

Princess23

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:18 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
His music also comes up on our naki radio and my kids are always surprised that I know them so well.

Yup, soon that’s gonna be me and my kids iyh lol. I really will feel ancient then.

Last edited by Princess23 on Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Princess23

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:20 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
This is not an original Kinneret song! This is an ABBA song - disco group in the 70’s. Great song, but not of Jewish origin. 😊

Loved mama Mia, this is the type of movie I watch every few years. Just watched it the other night.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:35 pm
singleagain wrote:
I remember seeing Yehuda! (You can't forget the !) In the homeowack hotel on motzash during camp one year ... I went to NCSY's S.E.G.

We were obsessed with the dove song that summer.

Higher and higher

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:36 pm
miami85 wrote:

Yeah that album is after my time. Once I was married, I had no money to buy more music 😉

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:37 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Higher and higher

Yes that was it. Also umachach. We were obsessed with that that summer also

Princess23

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:39 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Yeah that album is after my time. Once I was married, I had no money to buy more music 😉

I bought so many cd and now they’re pointless. Cars don’t have cd players anymore. You can only listen to Spotify or something of the sort. So I essentially waisted a ton of money on cd.

miami85

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:42 pm
Princess23 wrote:
Yup, soon that’s gonna be me and my kids iyh lol. I really will feel ancient then.

Yea one day my kids put on the Naki Radio and I think they found the "oldies station" and it was all of my old "jams" from high school--I was feeling old. I'm 38!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:42 pm
HaBein Yakir Li came out on the first album in the early 90's, I think. It was a big deal album in my school because he was our age group and people we knew knew him. We used to have dance breaks to it in class when we finished a perek.

When Generations of Song came out, I was so excited! I hadn't heard anything from him in ages. And Niggun Neshomoleh became really big- people were singing it who had no idea where it came from. And his Aleinu (first one) is one of my favorite songs ever. It changed the way I feel and really get the tefillah.

The last album is also great. I will say that Rak LeKayem Mitzvos, the song, tells me when he grew up and what the music was. Which is fun for me.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:43 pm
Princess23 wrote:
I bought so many cd and now they’re pointless. Cars don’t have cd players anymore. You can only listen to Spotify or something of the sort. So I essentially waisted a ton of money on cd.

Load them onto your computer as files. Then you can transfer them to mobile devices.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:43 pm
Princess23 wrote:

It wasn't a waste, you got to enjoy it then 😀
Each cd is like a month of a subscription to an entertainment service and I'm sure you got longer than a month out of them!

I have tons of TAPES that I mean to convert to mp3s...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:47 pm
I was at a bar mitzvah he entertained at in 97/98 and he was really big at that time.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics