Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I've never climbed Mt Everest AMA
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 5:35 am
Success10 wrote:
OP, you keep avoiding key questions. Like, where is dh in all of this?

I don't THINK he's on Mt Everest right now, but I'm learning not to be so quick to assume. And yes, he goes to therapy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 5:36 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I can’t believe someone could think this is a joke

Just goes to show how rare my condition is...

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 12:01 pm
I feel like I’m missing something… is this a spin-off from something else ?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 12:51 pm
Hugs Op just hugs!

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 5:13 pm
What, like it's hard? What

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 5:15 pm
Op, have you ever climbed a step ladder or step stool?

How do you feel about high heels or platform shoes?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:32 pm
OP have you considered joining Ground-Levelers-Anonymous?

My sister goes because she’s afraid to fly on planes, and they’ve helped her so much — she can even look at a small photo of a plane without hyperventilating after all these years! She still has to stay away from large photos.

And my cousin goes because she’s scared of heights. After a few years, she finally managed to go upstairs in her home for the first time!

I would strongly suggest that you look into one of these groups for your phobia; you’d find so much Chizzuk and gain skills that might even allow you to run for the hills!

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:47 pm
How do you feel about basements?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:00 pm
Can we please stop posting threads like this? No offense to OP, but these posters think they’re the authority on their condition. But I truthfully also never climbed Everest, and my experience is entirely different from yours and I just feel like people are going to generalize one poster’s experience and ignore other people’s experiences.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:06 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
Can we please stop posting threads like this? No offense to OP, but these posters think they’re the authority on their condition. But I truthfully also never climbed Everest, and my experience is entirely different from yours and I just feel like people are going to generalize one poster’s experience and ignore other people’s experiences.

Feel free to start your own AMA. Her (lack of) personal experience is valid.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:10 pm
OP, just sharing that you can rename it in your mind if that's what scares you. Names are important, but here the climbing is the main thing. If you call it "Sweetpea Valley" will you make it to the top?

I want to validate your feelings, it's okay that it's hard for you, but I need to remind you that as a frum woman you really need to be working towards the climb. It's not okay to pretend that it doesn't exist as part of Torah.

BTW, I'll be at the base camp for my 4th climb in a few weeks. Anyone else planning a pre-Pesach ascent? DH will need to clean the house if I'm busy with the climb, and I figured this is way easier.

nursemomma

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:16 pm
Are you MO? I heard that that the MO community doesn’t hold of climbing Everest.
Hard to believe they’re still considered frum, never mind Jewish.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:04 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
I feel like I’m missing something… is this a spin-off from something else ?

No. It's just pure imamother satire. A lot of references to many other threads. If you're not a site addict you might miss some.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:40 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
Op, have you ever climbed a step ladder or step stool?

How do you feel about high heels or platform shoes?

I'm not sure why you think there is a connection. When I was a wee child I tried on my mother's high heels. Just because I didn't climb Mt Everest, doesn't mean I didn't have a happy childhood.

I opened this to all questions but just keep in mind when talking to other non-climbers that a little more sensitivity would be appreciated. It's not always about abuse.

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:42 am
amother OP wrote:
You're quite the dear for asking. I'm actually at a place of acceptance. I don't aspire to climb it in this gilgul.

Please never say never. I joined a vaad recently and we are working on negativity. One day we will all climb together (-MBD). Holding hands and singing acheinu. One step at a time. Let's have each other in mind and daven. I'm going to start a whatsapp group for 40 women to take challah and daven for us to take these upward steps. Pm me if you want to join.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:44 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
OP have you considered joining Ground-Levelers-Anonymous?

My sister goes because she’s afraid to fly on planes, and they’ve helped her so much — she can even look at a small photo of a plane without hyperventilating after all these years! She still has to stay away from large photos.

And my cousin goes because she’s scared of heights. After a few years, she finally managed to go upstairs in her home for the first time!

I would strongly suggest that you look into one of these groups for your phobia; you’d find so much Chizzuk and gain skills that might even allow you to run for the hills!

That's very sweet of you!! Your SN matches your personality.

I don't like to associate with other non climbers because I feel it drags me even lower. Literally and metaphorically.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:46 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm not sure why you think there is a connection. When I was a wee child I tried on my mother's high heels. Just because I didn't climb Mt Everest, doesn't mean I didn't have a happy childhood.

I opened this to all questions but just keep in mind when talking to other non-climbers that a little more sensitivity would be appreciated. It's not always about abuse.

Studies have shown a strong correlation between people averse to climbing Everest and an affinity for keeping both feet firmly planted on the ground.

Just because your experience differs, it doesn't mean that it's not true for most others.

Maybe you tried on heels too early, and it caused trauma that has gone undiagnosed for years.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:47 am
amother Indigo wrote:

Feel free to open your own!!
I don't think I'm the authority, though I have a hunch I've been not climbing for longer than you.
I'd be thrilled for more people to come out in the open and talk about their experiences.
We need to break the stigma. You can be frum, even REAL frum, without having climbed Everest.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:23 am
OP, please pm me.

Oh wait, I'm amother.

Please email me. I can help you.

Iclimbeverymountain@aintnomountainhighenough.com
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics