Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is it a problem?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:12 pm
my ds 5 officially falls asleep every night by rubbing himself on his blanket. I will always find him at night sleeping in that position with his blanket between feet. Going on for a long while already. when he was younger, I told him I don't like seeing it as it can cause u a boo boo. helped for a while until it didn't. I have tried ignoring and not seeing but he's still not outgrowning this bad habit. or is it a bad habit? is it okay? should I ignore? he knows I don't like seeing it so he will only do once I leave the room... any advice and perspective appreciated.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:15 pm
Perspective - leave if alone. If you see him doing it, leave his room. Thats it. He will learn in time why its assur. Right now if just feels good and helps him fall asleep.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:27 pm
amother Green wrote:
Perspective - leave if alone. If you see him doing it, leave, his room. Thats it. He will learn in time why its assur. Right now if just feels good and helps him fall asleep.

at what age are they taught it's usar? I am afraid the habit will be so part of him,he's doing this every night for maybe year already, how will he ever be able to stop this all suddenly when it's between him and hashem?
I was thinking, when he we learn about it, not sure how comfortable he will be to involve me in his personal struggle. but now when he is young, and it's just a matter of not doing something because mommy said it's not good, I can try to do some sort of incentive like offering him a treat in the morning cause he didn't do at night. but I'm not sure if it's something I should discuss and make it for a focus or it's better to leave alone...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 9:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
at what age are they taught it's usar? I am afraid the habit will be so part of him,he's doing this every night for maybe year already, how will he ever be able to stop this all suddenly when it's between him and hashem?
I was thinking, when he we learn about it, not sure how comfortable he will be to involve me in his personal struggle. but now when he is young, and it's just a matter of not doing something because mommy said it's not good, I can try to do some sort of incentive like offering him a treat in the morning cause he didn't do at night. but I'm not sure if it's something I should discuss and make it for a focus or it's better to leave alone...

Was just thinking, he does it with a specific blanket. was wondering, if I replace the blanket, habit might stop. is it mean to do so?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:54 am
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics