Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
So not in the mood this year.
Previous  1  2

TR91

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:43 pm
watergirl wrote:
I'm not a posek but I would bet my wig that a bag of chips and apple earns the same schar as a charcuterie board and a bottle of wine.

Very Happy LOL

watergirl

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 3:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I guess for me its hard to just "get away with it" this year because I'm still "too early" to go public with it and it's just "not me" to not get super involved. My mishloach manos are "creative" they are not always "complicated".
We live in a small city so we don't just "have a nosh aisle in the store" everything we give has to be ordered in advance. And our list is complicated and very hard to pare down. Hopefully by the time Purim comes I will be feeling better and more energy I just don't want to run out of time.

A lot of this is all in your head.

And I used to live in a 10-Jew town (literally almost never ever a minyan). EVERY STORE has nosh. Heimish nosh - no. Chips and fruit by the foot? Yes.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 5:34 pm
A few years ago I made a bar mitzvah right before purim. We bought black hats on oriental tradings and put a bottle of beer, a chocolate bar and like one other thing in the hats. We put a sticker that due to our bar mitzvah we had no time to make a theme! People found it pretty funny and was extremely easy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics