Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Daven for me and I'll daven for you
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 11:18 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
I am in the same boat. Just got a paycheck, so we have a bit of money but it's less than our bills. By the time we get the next paycheck, we will probably be negative again. I just ordered myself a snood because the only one I have is so stretched out it doesn't stay on well, but I feel selfish whenever I use money for clothing or snoods when we so badly need it to pay the bills.

I relate I'm so sorry. You deserve a good snood,that's just as important as anything. Mama has to feel good. (And this is coming from someone who cannot pay bills). I hope it changes really soon

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 11:18 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
Husband is desperate for a job. Davening for all of you.

Hashem should bentch you quickly with revach and shefa

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 11:12 am
So far 2 sets of davening partners have been matched up. If anyone else wants to participate, please PM me with the information you'd like me to pass on to your partner, such as your full Hebrew name, DH's full Hebrew name, and any details of your specific financial challenges and requests that you want your partner to have in mind when davening for you. May all your tefillos be answered!

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 1:46 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
I heard of a segulah to say Parshas Haman first thing in the morning - before uttering any word.

It is EXTREMELY hard as a mother. In order to make it work, I set the alarm for 15 minutes earlier, placed the siddur next to my bed, went out of bed, washed up and said Birchas Hashacher and right away Parshas Haman.

I did see wonderful yeshios.

How long ago did you start doing this? Do you have a source?
I've been saying Parshas Hamon every day for years... wonder if this is different.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:28 am
Hodu la Hashem ki tov!!

I just need to come on here and publicize that Hashem helped me through that overdraft. Somehow money came in randomly and B”H covered everything (even though it happened Friday, and money came in Monday). Hashem is so good to me. B”H now only overdrafted by $6.

The money was earmarked for something else, but it hit my account to cover this so I am so grateful about that.

We are still tremendously struggling (so much so much debt), but I just wanted to share the small ways Hashem is showing up for me.

Haboteich baHashem chesed yisovivenu

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:34 am
amother OP wrote:
It's reached that point. I have -$143 in my account. A few things will bounce back plus lots of stuff coming due this week and next. I get paid a little next Friday but from my vantage point it doesn't look like even close to enough to cover everything.
I need a yeshua quickly, please Hashem. If anyone would like to I can daven for you and you daven for me

today you should daven Tefillas HaMan

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:34 am
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
today you should daven Tefillas HaMan

Thanks for the reminder

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Hodu la Hashem ki tov!!

I just need to come on here and publicize that Hashem helped me through that overdraft. Somehow money came in randomly and B”H covered everything (even though it happened Friday, and money came in Monday). Hashem is so good to me. B”H now only overdrafted by $6.

The money was earmarked for something else, but it hit my account to cover this so I am so grateful about that.

We are still tremendously struggling (so much so much debt), but I just wanted to share the small ways Hashem is showing up for me.

Haboteich baHashem chesed yisovivenu

Sorry I want to correct that. Hashem shows up for me every moment of every second of every day but I don’t always see it. It feels like a huge hug when it jives with what I’ve been asking for

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 8:50 pm
We got an email from our mortgage company that they're taking out $200 less a month for taxes because our taxes went down. We said bH and moved on. Then we got a 2k check that apparently we've been overpaying for the past year! BH!!!!

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 3:20 pm
doctorima wrote:
I'm the mod who did it then, and I'm happy to hear that it's working for you and that you continue to daven for your partner.

If it would be helpful to those posting on this thread, I would be happy to again discreetly match you up with someone to daven for.

Here's the original thread: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....49747

Are you still paring up people?

doctorima

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:02 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Are you still paring up people?

Yes, with pleasure, I actually got a PM this morning from somebody asking for a davening partner, so if you or anyone else wants to participate, please PM me your full Hebrew name (and DH's if you'd like), and anything else you want your davening partner to know about your financial challenges and have in mind when davening for you.

wanttobehappy

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:12 pm
I sell jewelry wholesale if ur in the tri state area please msg me.. I would gladly give u my line (thousands of piece to post a pop up sale in your area we offer 25% commission u can easily make $500 in one day.. I hope it helps someone

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:16 pm
On the outside we looked like we are managing but really we are scraping by. Please daven for me as well and I will have all of you in mind. Have a good Shabbos!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:20 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
We got an email from our mortgage company that they're taking out $200 less a month for taxes because our taxes went down. We said bH and moved on. Then we got a 2k check that apparently we've been overpaying for the past year! BH!!!!

I wonder if you’re the one I’m davening for. Either way this is so amazing thank you for sharing

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:21 pm
wanttobehappy wrote:
I sell jewelry wholesale if ur in the tri state area please msg me.. I would gladly give u my line (thousands of piece to post a pop up sale in your area we offer 25% commission u can easily make $500 in one day.. I hope it helps someone

I don’t think this is the appropriate place for this.

amother
Chambray

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 2:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t think this is the appropriate place for this.

Why not?

It's the highest form of tzedakah. Helping someone financially in a respectable way.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics