Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Allergies and childhood vaccines
Previous  1  2

I have an allergy
I’ve never been vaccinated  
 11%  [ 3 ]
I’ve had all my vaccinations  
 30%  [ 8 ]
One thing has nothing to do with the other - please elaborate  
 57%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 26

Chayalle

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:59 pm
My DD grew up allergic to brocolli, and the allergy seems to have passed once she hit her 20's - at this time she does not seem to be allergic anymore. My sister is a doctor, and she told me an allergy can change any time a person goes thru a hormonal change. Apparently there's a hormonal shift that can occur in the 20's. She said it can also revert back - like she can become allergic again with the birth of a child, etc....any hormonal shift can change the allergy status.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:01 pm
BTW I have another DD who is allergic to penicillin. It's likely genetic - my mother AH was allergic to penicillin, and I have a nephew on DH's side who is allergic to penicillin - so seems like the allergy exists on both sides of the family....

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:39 pm
We weren’t given any childhood vaccines, yet many of my siblings have allergies. My kids and some of my siblings kids also have allergies. Sorry but correlation does not equal causation.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:43 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
We weren’t given any childhood vaccines, yet many of my siblings have allergies. My kids and some of my siblings kids also have allergies. Sorry but correlation does not equal causation.

We can't form a conclusion based on correlation but it might be a starting point for further research.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics