Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Ocedar mop, what's the point?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:27 pm
I got the Ocedar mop & bucket, and I see that the dirty mop is supposed to get dipped & wrung out in to the clean water in the bucket?? Is this how it's supposed to work? Basically mop with dirty water?
Am I missing something?

UQT

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:36 pm
You’re always mopping with dirty water technically. Unless you make two buckets? The point is how well it wrings it out and doesn’t make the floor a watery mess. I like it for my vinyl flooring which is never supposed to be saturated in water

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:37 pm
All mops are like this except for the newest o-cedar.

esther11

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:38 pm
You can get the upgraded type that keeps the dirty and clean water separate. It has the extra blue piece in the bucket.

https://www.amazon.com/Cedar-E.....ss_tl

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:45 pm
esther11 wrote:
You can get the upgraded type that keeps the dirty and clean water separate. It has the extra blue piece in the bucket.

I did not see this! Thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:47 pm
UQT wrote:
You’re always mopping with dirty water technically. Unless you make two buckets? The point is how well it wrings it out and doesn’t make the floor a watery mess. I like it for my vinyl flooring which is never supposed to be saturated in water

Till now I mopped with a rag attached to the mop & kept on changing the rag. I spilled a bit of soapy water on the floor & mopped. But I wanted an easier solution. Why did I think that this has a separate compartment where the dirty water goes?

purplejellybean

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:05 pm
esther11 wrote:

This takes up a lot of room. In brooklyn tiny apartment I found I had to get rid of it instead of letting it take up so much valuable floor space. I also found that unless I turned it over and took the blue piece out it was hard to drain out the dirty water when done mopping.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:12 pm
I don't find the water gets so dirty?

I fill up with clean soapy water.
Wring then mop , I probably dip.and Wring twice more and the water is not so dirty at all
Not sure why maybe I mop often? Maybe my house is small?

cheeesecake

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:13 pm
I have the regular one and I put a cheap bucket inside for the clean water because I didn't want to wash my floors with drty water either.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:28 pm
cheeesecake wrote:
I have the regular one and I put a cheap bucket inside for the clean water because I didn't want to wash my floors with drty water either.

This is a good idea, I think I'll do this.
I was trying to push a bucket under the wringer, but it didn't fit. This makes more sense, Thank you!!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:42 pm
purplejellybean wrote:
This takes up a lot of room. In brooklyn tiny apartment I found I had to get rid of it instead of letting it take up so much valuable floor space. I also found that unless I turned it over and took the blue piece out it was hard to drain out the dirty water when done mopping.

I was thinking this is exactly what I need, but given that my ordinary bucket just barely fits in my undersink cabinet, and then only if I place it just so, it's clear that this hasn't a prayer of fitting. You just saved me about $50, so thanks for your review!

For a time I used a bucket and a basin, the basin being for wringing out dirty water and the bucket for clean. Was too much of a tircha and I gave that up.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:46 pm
purplejellybean wrote:

In my one floor Brooklyn unit, I use a collapsible bucket and flat pad mop with lots of replacement pads. I can change the pads multiple times throughout mopping and don't need to use dirty mops or water, and then throw them into a sanitizing cycle in the washer.

chestnut

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:54 pm
esther11 wrote:

This is cool! Do they sell just this blue insert by itself?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry