Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
To my wonderful colleague
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:17 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
this throws a light on an oft missed opportunity
to help people go through the rough patches
with their dignity intact
I'm inspired to do more of that now
to look around me and see how I can do for s/o else even the unspoken

thanks ladies

You're so right. What I appreciated more then anything was the fact she didn't ask questions, just offered her kitchen and didn't make me feel beholden. She let me have my dignity.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 2:15 pm
Real kiddush Hashem

Lemonade 2323

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 3:07 pm
Most shops/supermarkets offer on-line service, which helps with the weekly/monthly shop. But it's often the bits and pieces we forget or run out of that leave people feeling stranded or disorganised. (Think pp, post surgery, elderly...).
It's a huge favour to let someone know, pref day before, that you'll pick up a couple of things when you're doing shopping anyway.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 3:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
To my dear co-worker

You did me a huge favour by allowing me to use your pesach kitchen last year, more then you'd ever realise. When the upcoming pesach crosses my mind, I cry when I think back to last year, the state I was in and how you helped me.

We hadn't known each for long, having just been moved to the same department. We didn't know each other outside of work, and were at different stages of life. I was happy with that as I was going through a very difficult time with my mental health, which spilled over to the relationship between one of my kids, and more. Work is/was my haven, all the more so with you as my coworker. There was pleasant easy banter between us with no strings attached.

As pesach was coming closer I panicked. I was frozen. Suffering from anxiety, depression and inattentive adhd the cooking weighed on me like a boulder. I have a large and beautiful family but I wasn't able to see past the enormous amount of cooking to appreciate it (please don't judge me imas).

One day around six weeks before pesach I blurted out that I wish I had a pesach kitchen because short of running away, I am just not going to manage. Obviously I didn't let on the depth of my suffering. You calmly said that I'm welcome to use your pesach kitchen, just like that! Oh the relief! To be able to spend a few evenings cooking instead of cramming it into those chaotic days before pesach with all the kids home, even in my panicky anxious state sounded like just what the doctor ordered.

All you asked was that I only use the hechsheirim you use, and I pay for your cleaner after I'm done so it's left how you want to find it.

After those few evenings of relaxed cooking without my kids underfoot (dh was on bath and bed duty for a few nights), with a freezer full of soups, kugels, compote, tzimmus, chicken, fish and meat I slowly began to heal. The boulder turned into a small rock, then a stone and eventually a pebble.

From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. Your coworker

ETA: For those of you who can't understand why the pesach cooking weighed on me so much, please don't judge. BH I'm in a much much better place this year and sometimes struggle to understand the me of this time last year..

Youve inspired me!

Thank you to my neighbor who when she found out I was due 2 weeks before pesach offered me her pesach kitchen to use. In shvat and adar I spent several days cooking pesach and all was BH packed away in my freezer (this was a few years ago when there were no pesach takeout options, even if I could have afforded it).

It was a lifesaver!!

Ive thanked her many times since, but worth it to publicize!

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 4:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
To my dear co-worker

You did me a huge favour by allowing me to use your pesach kitchen last year, more then you'd ever realise. When the upcoming pesach crosses my mind, I cry when I think back to last year, the state I was in and how you helped me.

We hadn't known each for long, having just been moved to the same department. We didn't know each other outside of work, and were at different stages of life. I was happy with that as I was going through a very difficult time with my mental health, which spilled over to the relationship between one of my kids, and more. Work is/was my haven, all the more so with you as my coworker. There was pleasant easy banter between us with no strings attached.

As pesach was coming closer I panicked. I was frozen. Suffering from anxiety, depression and inattentive adhd the cooking weighed on me like a boulder. I have a large and beautiful family but I wasn't able to see past the enormous amount of cooking to appreciate it (please don't judge me imas).

One day around six weeks before pesach I blurted out that I wish I had a pesach kitchen because short of running away, I am just not going to manage. Obviously I didn't let on the depth of my suffering. You calmly said that I'm welcome to use your pesach kitchen, just like that! Oh the relief! To be able to spend a few evenings cooking instead of cramming it into those chaotic days before pesach with all the kids home, even in my panicky anxious state sounded like just what the doctor ordered.

All you asked was that I only use the hechsheirim you use, and I pay for your cleaner after I'm done so it's left how you want to find it.

After those few evenings of relaxed cooking without my kids underfoot (dh was on bath and bed duty for a few nights), with a freezer full of soups, kugels, compote, tzimmus, chicken, fish and meat I slowly began to heal. The boulder turned into a small rock, then a stone and eventually a pebble.

From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. Your coworker

ETA: For those of you who can't understand why the pesach cooking weighed on me so much, please don't judge. BH I'm in a much much better place this year and sometimes struggle to understand the me of this time last year..

Youve inspired me!

Thank you to my neighbor who when she found out I was due 2 weeks before pesach offered me her pesach kitchen to use. In shvat and adar I spent several days cooking pesach and all was BH packed away in my freezer (this was a few years ago when there were no pesach takeout options, even if I could have afforded it).

It was a lifesaver!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 6:30 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Youve inspired me!

It was a lifesaver!!

Glad I publicised it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics