Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
What was the longest you waited

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:42 am
To name baby girl?

Is it usual to wait over a week Bec you couldn’t decide on a name?

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:45 am
No it’s not usual. Usually people don’t go past the second krias hatorah day from when the baby is born.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:47 am
I think within two times of kriyas hatorah that week.

Meaning, if baby was born on Tuesday, she should be named by shabbos.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:50 am
My daughter was born on a Tuesday we named the following Monday. We came home Thursday afternoon and back at the hospital in the NICU over Shabbos.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:50 am
My first baby was a boy, and we literally decided at the Shul, at the bris, about 2 seconds before it started

After that we decided every time to fill out the birth certificate info before leaving the hospital. It can create a bit of stress at the time but it saves us from the stress afterwards which is worth it

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:51 am
I think 5 days for my first girl.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:52 am
Chassidim name that Shabbos. Regardless of day of birth.
I know one family with minhag to wait for the next Shabbos otherwise I don’t know anyone who waited longer than that because they didn’t have a decision on the name.

mfb

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:56 am
I know a family that specifically waits until the second shabbos so it can be almost 2 weeks if the baby is born Sunday

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:03 am
I had boy girl twins so we named them both at the boy's bris. Just seemed more simple that way.

mommyhood

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:03 am
I know one person who waited more than a week, they just couldn't decide on a name. That would not work for us I like to make decisions and have them done with so we put the name on the birth certificate before leaving the hospital and name officially on Shabbos after for a girl and bris for boys.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:14 am
For one of my baby's, we waited almost 3 weeks. We just couldn't think of a name.

MommyM

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:21 am
Chabad minhag is to name the first Torah reading after a baby girl is born so the longest I've waited is 1.5 days. I usually have a girl's name (and boy's name) prepared beforehand, so I have time to think it over.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names