Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Are we still concerned about ebt fraud
Previous  1  2

amother
Tomato

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 10:44 pm
I know someone in CH who had their card emptied in March and benefits were used out of state. This must be a very big fraud operation.

MommyM

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 10:52 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
I know someone in CH who had their card emptied in March and benefits were used out of state. This must be a very big fraud operation.

Many people in CH who had their benefits stolen, had their card emptied in stores in PA. Yes, there had to be multiple people involved in this scheme.

amother
Tomato

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 10:56 pm
Do any of the local store owners seem to be taking precautions? IS there anything they can do?

MommyM

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:10 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
Do any of the local store owners seem to be taking precautions? IS there anything they can do?

They can check their devices for skimming attachments.
As far as I know, someone went around to the local stores in CH to check for skimming devices, and by that point, they had been removed. But all the info obtained previously, has still been collected. (And we do not know if they were replaced with new devices since.)

tf

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:48 am
My card was emptied this week Wednesday. I used it for an order in the morning and by noon it was empty. Teary Eyed

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:54 am
Steps to Take if Your EBT Funds Have Been Stolen (NY)

1) Get your transaction history. Call the toll-free EBT Customer Service line at 1-888-328-6399 and request a printed two-month statement of your account history from the automated menu. Or download from the website at connectebt.com

2) Report your card as stolen (even if your card itself was not stolen). To report your card stolen, request a new card, and change your PIN, please go to www.connectebt.com/ or call EBT Customer Service at 888-328-6399.

3) Submit a claim for Replacement Benefits. Once you have identified which transactions were fraudulent, you are ready to submit a claim. Submit online at nyc.gov/hra.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics