Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Excelsior College

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 11:43 am
I currently have an MS degree from Touro College but am considering going back to school for a BS in Accouting due to some changes in regard to my current area of employment. I never thought I would be doing this and am interested in doing this completely online. Has anyone ever completed a degree through Excelsior College? Was it hard? How long did it take? Any feedback on this school would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 11:53 am
my husband is just about completing his BA from excelsior ( accounting) it is a very accepted college and IMO worth the work.
he did it in 2 years it takes a lot of effort on your part to stay motivated and a lot of studing time.

Starhavah

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 11:54 am
I do not know anything about Excelsior College, but I have degree from University of Phoenix which offers on-line degrees and no one thinks twice about it. I loved the UoP System. I thought it was a great way to learn.

Havah

BusyBeeMommy

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 12:28 pm
I started off w/ touro and then switched to Raizel Reit to finish my BA. I did it through Excelsior. It is way cheaper than any other college and they accept CLEPs and other tests that you didn't take through them. Altogether I had a very pleasant experience and their website is a pleasure to navigate. Go to their website to get more info and call them. They are very helpful w/ everything. Gluck!

octopus

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 1:37 pm
I got my bachelors from excelsior (liberal studies). I found that the advisers weren't so great. But if you can plan out exactly what you need to take, then I say- go for it!

I was able to get into my touro masters program with that bachelors, too.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:40 pm
For those who know how this program works...if I already have a BA and an MS will all my credits transfer to cover everything but my major? Will I only have to take the required courses for the accounting degree (as opposed to electives, cores, etc.)?

greeneyes

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 4:19 pm
BusyBeeMommy wrote:
I started off w/ touro and then switched to Raizel Reit to finish my BA. I did it through Excelsior. It is way cheaper than any other college and they accept CLEPs and other tests that you didn't take through them. Altogether I had a very pleasant experience and their website is a pleasure to navigate. Go to their website to get more info and call them. They are very helpful w/ everything. Gluck!

I did the exact same thing, BusyBeeMommy. I also had a pleasant experience with Excelsior.

OP, I suggest you call them and ask them any questions you have. I found them to be quite helpful whenever I had questions.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 9:05 pm
greeneyes wrote:
BusyBeeMommy wrote:

I did the exact same thing, BusyBeeMommy. I also had a pleasant experience with Excelsior.

OP, I suggest you call them and ask them any questions you have. I found them to be quite helpful whenever I had questions.

I think that after dealing w/ touro Rolling Eyes , excelsior is a dream!

redhot

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 9:46 pm
I took one course with excelsior to get education credits for my tshh. I didnt open a book, just took the test and I passed Smile SO I was thrilled with excelsior Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics